LRC-150 finally done

Just build a cannon and want to show it off? Post it in here.

Postby Red36 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:18 pm

THIS IS THE LARGEST CANNON TO DATE. Just click the link

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6306&
Red36

Postby Velocity » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:36 pm

Very nice cannon... thats huge! Do you have any other information about building materials, fuels, damage, etc?
Velocity

Postby Los Frijoles » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:01 pm

That is a humongous cannon. Are you sure it is the largest cannon to date? DR will probably go and then beat that record or something...
Los Frijoles

Postby Mr.Plow » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:12 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Are you sure it is the largest cannon to date?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I'm pretty sure he meant it is HIS largest cannon to date.
If not, DR beat that more than a year ago with his basketball cannon.

Regardless, nice cannon!
Mr.Plow

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby Iowaengineer » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:24 pm

Nice, but the fuel is oxi-acetaline, not that its wrong to use that but do you have an worries about the structure under those extreme pressures? But having a cannon on an ATV is very functional. You have made your own tank, and for that I tip my hat to you...

Great gun, hope to see more soon.
Iowaengineer

Postby security1 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:32 pm

Cool, Whats the range on that?
security1

Postby DEMON » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:37 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Red36
[br]THIS IS THE LARGEST CANNON TO DATE. Just click the link

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6306&
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

You oviously have not yet seen Gorts bucket cannon;)
DEMON

Postby markfh11q » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:08 am

Guy's, he meant HIS largest cannon to date. Also, do you think with such a short membership he went archive diving for DR's original basketball cannon or his cantaloupe cannon?

Great job, Karpa, and I hope you get the stand and pneumatics I got you set up and functional. Like I said before, if that 3/4" cylinder doesn't have enough area to move that beast, (I was going off your original designs when I ordered it ;)), we can send it back in, (McMaster will return anything for any reason, [any logical reason]), and get a 1-1/4" cylinder or higher. But I believe the right fulcrum and proper counterweight, (if possible), will defeat any problems. Are you still planning on a 7-gallon carry tank?
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
<I>Originally posted by Iowaengineer</I><br>
Nice, but the fuel is oxi-acetaline, not that its wrong to use that but do you have an worries about the structure under those extreme pressures? But having a cannon on an ATV is very functional. You have made your own tank, and for that I tip my hat to you...

Great gun, hope to see more soon.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

The gun he is presenting, (the one mounted on the four-wheeler), is not fueled by oxygen/acetylene, (yes, Karpa, you spelled that horribly wrong), it's the big metal gun on the ground next to the four-wheeler that is fueled by 0<sub>2</sub>/C<sub>2</sub>H<sub>2</sub>. The cannon he is presenting, (the "LRC-150"), is fueled by MAPP gas.

Karpa, you worked hard enough on the internals and such, (the fan, ignition system, etc.), you should show them off as well!
markfh11q

Postby An Apple Pie » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:36 pm

Nice cannon. I think that is the first potato gun mounted on an ATV that I have seen.

I would much like to see some pics of the internals.
An Apple Pie

Postby Red36 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:26 pm

Thanks for the comments. As soon as I get around to it I will post more pictures and a video.
Red36

Return to Finished Cannons