PVT-P15

Just build a cannon and want to show it off? Post it in here.

Postby TalonXxX » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:20 pm

Thanks gort, I appreciate your feedback. It feels good to be building again, I was actually really feeling Plow's MiniPiston and wanted to come back so to speak with a variation on that, but have decided to save that for a summer project.

Hmm, I guess I should practice what I preach (regarding the blowgun) because I said that same thing to someone else about their gun on SpudFiles, thanks gort.

FMJ - yeah I seem to always sacrifice power for a more compact cannon... I've always liked smaller, handheld-friendly cannons that I can just plink around with. But ya I couldn't agree more on the urban camo, too bad I have no masking or airbrushing skills :(

Thanks again everyone for the kind words.
TalonXxX

Postby wooffer » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:47 am

So whats this "ultra secret no-lathe-o-ring-groove technique"
wooffer

Postby fullmetaljacket » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:05 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I was actually really feeling Plow's MiniPiston<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

oh dear... :D
fullmetaljacket

Postby TalonXxX » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:48 pm

rofl... just picked up on that now FMJ. Thanks for making it weird :P

woofer - it wouldn't be ultra secret if I went around telling everyone. But lucky for you, it's also ultra easy to figure out if you do a little playing around with pvc ;)
TalonXxX

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby An Apple Pie » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:45 pm

Ooh Ooh, I think I know what it is. Or at least I do it a way that involves a hacksaw and duct tape.

Really nice gun. How do you make these things for so cheap??? I just built two piston valves, and those alone cost me $90.

Very clean and ergonomic.
An Apple Pie

Postby spuzi14 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:04 pm

I was unsure about shooting the gun...PVC doesn't care to be impacted.
spuzi14

Postby wooffer » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:31 pm

come on dude, dont be that guy.
Im trying to figure out how to make a piston for 4 inch pipe, and i dont have a lathe.
wooffer

Postby spuzi14 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:21 pm

Me not be that guy? I'm just saying, since he's putting it under pressure...a crack wouldn't be a dandy thing.
spuzi14

Postby TalonXxX » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:24 pm

Ya, I was just messing around about shooting it... too lazy anyhoo... probably just paint it green.

woofer - ok, well it's not necessarily going to work for every diameter. You just get lucky with sizes I guess. But anyways, I found out by measuring/trial and error that 1" sch40 couplings fit perfectly in 1.5" sch40 pipe. Therefore, you cut the coupling in half and merge the two with some 1" pipe so that there is a gap between the two halves just large enough for an o-ring. Place two spig plugs in either end of the coupling, bob's your uncle and you have an o-ringed piston. Same thing works with 1.5" sch40 pipe. 1.5" sch40 pipe fits perfectly in 2" sch80 pipe, therefore you can use a 1" coupling inside a 1.5" sch40 as the piston and use that inside 2" sch80 for the piston to slide around in. Sorry if that doesn't make any sense, I am extremely tired and cranky, just let me know if you need anything else. In your case, I believe 3" couplings fit in 4" sch40, so use the same principal, but with 3" fittings inside 4" pipe (which would be inside a 4" tee). That is how I do it without a lathe. See, simple enough.
TalonXxX

Postby spuzi14 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:40 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">bob's your uncle<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

lmao! Now I'm thinking of Chaos Theory when I break into the vault in Panama...man I played that game too much.
spuzi14

PreviousNext

Return to Finished Cannons