Monstrous Mega Super Launcher

Just build a cannon and want to show it off? Post it in here.

Postby hi. » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:46 pm

Well, again, its just a rough estimation. And i did say it was a little under. Its not like im lying about my cannon. Its still damn powerful no matter what anyone says. There was a cannon of similar size on another site that claimed to shoot 1.12 miles, but it had a piston, so the ball valve knocks off a little over 1/4 if what he said was true.
hi.

Postby spuzi14 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:47 pm

Even if it's exaggerated, the total distance is still pretty high to be estimating that high.
spuzi14

Postby DK » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:09 am

Nice work! 8)

About your two 3/4" QEV's:

I'm not a pneumatic person (yet), but as far as i know, a QEV will dump alot of air very quickly. Much quicker than a sprinkler valve and They're not terribly expensive, either.

I nominate this cannon for the Range Class.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by spuzi14
[br]
The Duck Tape Guys would be proud of you!

I think I nominate for the mega class because 3/4 of a mile is pretty big even if it's estimated.

Awesomely big cannon though!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
DK

Postby hi. » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:03 pm

Well, thanks for nominating it, but i think it has to be either range class or mega class. Thanks for the comments, I thought some people wouldnt like it because it was kinda sloppy and not painted. I guess i was wrong.
hi.

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby DK » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:45 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by hi.
[br]Well, thanks for nominating it, but i think it has to be either range class or mega class. Thanks for the comments, I thought some people wouldnt like it because it was kinda sloppy and not painted. I guess i was wrong.

No problem. Either nomination has to be backed up by a second to make it official, though.

As for not liking your cannon, honestly, if you show a genuine interest in the hobby and also show that you're willing to put some effort into a project, then it's pretty darn hard to make something no-one will like. As far as i can tell from the picture, your cannon is not really that sloppy; many people don't paint their cannons - I know I don't.

Also, the "go big or go home" mentality is very much welcome here :D.
DK

Postby spudkilla » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:21 am

Can I second this for mega class or am I still a n00b that everyone doesnt like?
spudkilla

Postby spuzi14 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:44 am

I didn't submit for range class because there has no been "official" range measurement. It was estimate. If I had a real number I would have nominated it for range.
spuzi14

Postby Velocity » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:52 am

Could you possibly get some close up pictures of this cannon?
Velocity

Postby DK » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:06 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by spuzi14
[br]I didn't submit for range class because there has no been "official" range measurement. It was estimate. If I had a real number I would have nominated it for range.

Good point.

Hi, would it be possible to obtain a measured distance for you cannon?
DK

Postby hi. » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:11 pm

DK- Ill, haul it out again and try to messure the real distance, but it will be extreamly dificult to find anything I launch.

Rmich732-Yes, Ill get some clos ups posted within the next few hour, the same time I messure.

Spud killer- i guess im a noob too since you have more posts than me.
hi.

PreviousNext

Return to Finished Cannons