Airsoft barrel

This area is for the discussion of BB or airsoft sub machine guns, and or other small arms such as pellets. No home made BB or airsoft guns should ever be used in a match where you shoot other people... they are too powerful.

Postby Vetack » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:19 am

If you want a perfect fit buy a used airsoft barrel.

You can find them in the classifieds of airsoft forums like airsoftretreat.com

A lot of layers swap out their barrels to upgrade their guns, and sell the factory barrels pretty cheap.
Vetack

Postby CpTn_lAw » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:23 am

1/4" copper works very well, is wide enough to prevent from jamming
CpTn_lAw

Postby wooffer » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:02 am

would this work from MCMaster? 9935K13 Copper Tubing 8 mm Od, 6 mm Id, 1 mm Wall, 1 Meter Length 9935K13

or if i dont want to spend that much 89965K43 Aluminum Tubing .24" Id, 5/16" Od, .035" Wall Thickness, 6' Length
wooffer

Postby Ian2accurate » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:44 pm

That might work.. I would look into the 1/4" though. 6mm id could be a real tight fit. This is it: 8967K22. Its a little expensive but you could try it. You can just get a normal 1/4" male adapter and screw it right into something. I don't know about the metric stuff.
Ian2accurate

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby wooffer » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:49 pm

i thought there was a lot of space between the barrell and the bb in 1/4 inch.

The aluminum tubing is .05'' smaller than the copper 1/4'' and is probably cheaper.
wooffer

Postby VOmitting ROses » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:51 pm

I had a question about BB barrels and I thought that I'd post here since it has to do with this topic. I am definitely a noob and I know nothing about building nothing, but I like guns and I like things that go boom, so I built my first pneumatic pretty much reading this forum like a bible.

It came out good so now I want to make a small regular over an under pneumatic, like my first gun, that can fire airsoft BB's.

My question was, does anyone know if teh plastic tubing that Crash Test Dummy recommended from teh plumbign section at Home Depot was safe for a pneumatic barrel?

My other question was if it isn't than does anyone have any suggestions for an airsoft barrel that doesn't require welding, becasue I don't know how

Any input would be appreciated

Respect to all
VOmitting ROses

Postby BewareOfDog » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:35 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><b>Originally posted by VOmitting ROses</b>
My question was, does anyone know if teh plastic tubing that Crash Test Dummy recommended from teh plumbign section at Home Depot was safe for a pneumatic barrel?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

No.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
My other question was if it isn't than does anyone have any suggestions for an airsoft barrel that doesn't require welding, becasue I don't know how

No.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Any input would be appreciated

<a href="http://www.google.com/search?hs=i4W&hl=en&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial_s&q=any+input&btnG=Search">Hope This Helps</a>
BewareOfDog

Postby crashtestdummy » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:55 am

The plastic tubing that I've been using probably isn't pressure rated, but I don't see any problem using it because it's thick walled and it wouldn't rupture or anything unless you threaded an endcap or something over to keep the air from leaving the barrel. since it's just a barrel and isn't behind your trigger, there shouldn't be too much pressure behind it, because the BBs come out extremely fast.

Edit: gotta love DR's attitide! :D
crashtestdummy

Postby Boomer » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:08 pm

take apart a bic stick pen, the ones people always advertise on cuz theyre so cheap, and its the perfect size, oddly enough.
Boomer

Postby RPK » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:48 pm

5/16 brakeline is the perfect size
RPK

PreviousNext

Return to BB/Airsoft/Pellet Guns