DB series full auto bb airguns

This area is for the discussion of BB or airsoft sub machine guns, and or other small arms such as pellets. No home made BB or airsoft guns should ever be used in a match where you shoot other people... they are too powerful.

Postby dbair » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:41 am

I recently became a member of this forum-username -dbair.I read some comments about the airguns I build in this forum.which were negative in nature.Let me set the record straight.1.My airguns are not strafers,Strafers weren't around 25 years ago when I got into building full-auto bb guns.2.The airguns I build don't have a bondo vortex of any kind in them.The high grade materials I use internally are not used in any other bb machine guns on the market .The pick-up assembly is made out high-density poly with nickel plated fittings which are drilled and tapped.I sell these airguns around 255.00 and my customers comment on how well they are satisfied with the airguns and how well they fire.They shoot as good as Paul Pipers MKII strafers,by the way he makes great products from what I see.I have always stayed with construction of my airguns in using mostly available hardware supplies.The airguns perform very well.3.The video was made in haste and needs to be changed because it does not do the gun justice.Please do not make negative comments on my products without having the facts and not knowing how they are constructed.The shape of the guns I sell are unlimited and can be changed incorporating certain areas into producing a different style of gun.These guns are pretty involved and it take hours to build one.They can be actually be taken apart and put back together in minutes.I have several prototypes with a laser sights installed which I use.I have shot tens of thousands of bb's through them and have disassembled them to check for wear from time to time and I have yet to see any wear on the internal parts to date.I hope this reply to the comments which have been made clears up any confusion in looking at my products.There will be a new video uploaded to my website dbairdesigns.com soon which I hope will put all doubts aside.DB
dbair

Postby clide » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:46 am

This is the thread he is referring to http://localhost/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14427

In defense of the forum members I must say it is understandable that they would see them as strafers, the configuration of the parts (tee chamber with barrel comming out, air input on bottom of tee...) are very similar and your website was just recently made. Since the homemade strafer design is widely available and you make no indication of what the feed mechanism is, I don't think that was too wild of a conclusion.

The negative comments on your products, except the bondo one, were based on the information you presented on your website. It's good you plan on making a new video, that's a step in the right direction, but I think you need to work on your external design of the gun. I don't mean that as an insult, just constructive criticism.

You're not likely to find many sells here since this is very much a DIY community, but perhaps you could use this forum for feedback on your designs from other homemade BBMG builders.
clide

Postby Mr.Plow » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:48 pm

I stand by my previous comments. I made no unwarranted criticism.

If you want us to have all the facts, why not enlighten us on the operation of your product? All that I've gathered so far is that the "pick-up assembly" is made from HDPE, which isn't really any different than anyone who uses a non-bondo block. Mine are made with solid PVC... so what?

Any hint on what this assembly is and how it is structurally different from other BBMG designs?
Mr.Plow

Postby brian the brain » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:33 pm

Well.it has several pneumatic componets...one component blows..and the rest sucks..
brian the brain

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby fullmetaljacket » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:38 pm

you can't deny that your products are very lacking in aesthetics - and if you're using a system other than the basic "cloud" design to get the same performance, then your design is unnecessarily complicated.
fullmetaljacket

Postby davidbowie » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:55 pm

It might be worthwhile to rethink your trigger and general gun shape. With most of your products, my instinctive grip would end up with me shooting myself in the face, even though I am experienced with odd shaped launchers and such. If you were to position the blowgun vertically and use tubing to route the air input to it, it would be a bit more natural and possibly a wee bit more efficient.

If you've got a patent (which you should get if your design is as unique as you say, especially since you're selling these), then I'd encourage you to post some sort of diagram showing how it works.
davidbowie

Postby TheEngineer » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:16 pm

This is my first post here, but, as a DB Gun owner, several things are obvious. Not one of you that have degraded these guns owns a DB Product. None of you has ever fired one or even held one in your hands. For those of us who own them and who have fired them, you stick out like a handful of sore thumbs.

Before he goes any further in any kind of shooting recreation, the guy who said he might shoot himself in the face. should really learn which end the bullets come out of.

My DB Air Designs product shoots like a bat out of hell with deadly accuracy. The Laser Sight (new option) is bore sighted to the pattern of fire and is dead on at 25 yards. (For the guy who doesn't know which end the BB's come out of, that means that at 25 yards the gun positively shreds whatever the laser is shining on.)

As for appearance, if I had wanted an M16, I would have bought one. These guns are made to have fun with, not to throw some police officer who sees it inside your vehicle into cardiac arrest, or maybe get you shot by some over zealous rookie.

The man who developed these has done so at great expense and has countless hours of machine and design work invested in this project. For someone in this forum to ask that he put his designs and blueprints on here is industrial strength dumb. Would Ford go onto Chevrolet's website and ask for the design specs on next year's models? (See...it realy is stupid, isn't it?)

Bottom line is this. My DB gun performs exactly as advertised, is loads of fun, and is a total gas to shoot!

Rather than complain and cut down a product you have never owned, seen, or operated, Why don't the whiners here design the PERFECT fully automatic BB gun and get ALL the business?
TheEngineer

Postby benstern » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:30 pm

Funny how you join just after the the last post and this is your first post.
benstern

Postby spuzi14 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:12 pm

Hey Engineer...maybe you should learn to read. Davidbowie said his instinctive holding position. Meaning he would think to hold it that way, not actually hold it that way.
spuzi14

Postby clide » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:34 am

Gee, what a lucky coincidence that a DB Gun owner stumbled upon this site just in time to set us strait.

Have you held or fired, or even seen any of the BBMGs that any of the members around here have built? I would venture to guess you haven't, so why are you acting like this gun is the best BBMG ever made when you can build one with similar or possibly better performance from <$50 worth of parts.

And you can give a BBMG decent aesthetic appeal without making it look like a real gun, I could give you several examples if you are interested.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Rather than complain and cut down a product you have never owned, seen, or operated, Why don't the whiners here design the PERFECT fully automatic BB gun and get ALL the business?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
We were merely commenting on what we felt as a high price for the poor looks and the performance shown in the video. I'm sure I speak for everybody when I say we are sorry for having an opinion, we'll try harder not to next time.

We are not saying that he didn't work hard on these guns or that they don't work well, just that we don't like them that much for a price that high. If you do, that's great, we aren't going to try and stop you from liking your gun, nor will we try and stop DB from selling them.
clide

Next

Return to BB/Airsoft/Pellet Guns