Airsoft Grenade?

This area is for the discussion of BB or airsoft sub machine guns, and or other small arms such as pellets. No home made BB or airsoft guns should ever be used in a match where you shoot other people... they are too powerful.

Postby Molerat » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:19 pm

I have been working on different designs for an airsoft grenade that detonates after a few seconds and is soft, but I do not want it to be dangerous in any way, just to make a lot of noise and possibly fragment (as a cool effect, not looking for an account ban, guys). I can't think up a shell that is cheap, effective, and easily replaced after detonation. Also, I was hoping for something non-pyrotechnic as the detonation method. Maybe wetted popcorn used to fill a grenade mold (You know, the gooey stuff) and allowed to dry? (Cheap is what I'm going for.)
Thanks for any ideas.
Molerat

Postby joecrawler » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:44 am

Maybe something like a large easter egg, or if you if you have a vacum forming table make a carving of disired shape and size,and make you own casings. I dont know how you want to do this but i have made a couple airsoft claymores that you throw and then you pull a string that pulls a pin and releases a spring airsoft bbs like a shot gun.( or you can usepaintballs, which was the original conceptfor the claymore) oh and it is about the same power of a shot as a crappy walmart gun.
joecrawler

Postby Molerat » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:18 pm

Yeah, but spring power can only deliver it's payload in one or two directions... but I'm looking for a full case burst, flinging bb's in a larger, nearly 360-degree $pan. I appreciate the idea, though!
Molerat

Postby BillyBobJoe » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:24 pm

<b>http://localhost/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11450</b>

Discussion of solid propellants, explosive devices or incendiary projectiles is prohibited, and may result in a permanent banning of your account.For the purpose of this forum, these definitions will be used:
Solid propellant: Any substance containing all the chemical elements required to enable sustained combustion without the presence of additional oxidizers. This includes but is not limited to gunpowder, thermite, and many commercial and/or homemade pyrotechnic compounds.
For this purpose, nitroglycerine, though liquid, would qualify.
For this purpose, ordinary flour, though solid, would not qualify.
Explosive device: Any device that has the capability to release large amounts of stored energy rapidly.
Discussion of fireworks as projectiles is prohibited.
Discussion of "soda bottle bombs" or any other similar devices that may cause shrapnel as a result of uncontrolled rupture is prohibited.
Incendiary projectile: Any projectile that is capable of producing flame.
Rocket propelled projectiles, pyrotechnic smoke bombs, or any other burning projectiles would qualify as an incendiary projectile.

<b>READ THE #!@$*! RULES</b>

I know not much has been mentioned about explosives in this topic, but before anyone starts to - STOP because only a topic lock could come from it.
BillyBobJoe

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby Freefall » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:57 pm

How does this violate the rules?

He doesn't want to use explosives.
He wants a <b>controlled</b> release of the projectiles.
He wants the device to release known projectiles (paintballs or airsoft pellets), not shrapnel.

It might stretch the no-shooting-at-people rule, but he seems to be safety conscious. I want to see where this goes. If it strays toward dangerous, I'll lock it myself.
Please leave the modding to the mods.
Freefall

Postby SpudStuff » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:21 pm

Use a couple of thoes party poppers. The spring loaded ones. You can modify the twister thingie so it pops when it hits the ground. then put a piece of paper ovet the front and load it with BB's.
SpudStuff

Postby BillyBobJoe » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:04 pm

I was just warning people not to talk about explosives because it is sure to come up. I'll admit did overreact because I ust skimmed the topic and responses. Sorry, I'm just plain tired of locked topics because of explosive projectiles and such, and hopefully this won't be one.

So I guess this is supposed to be something that explodes, like a water balloon (not bomb) on impact?
BillyBobJoe

Postby SpudStuff » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:36 pm

Thats a good idea. Fill a water baloon with airsodt BBs and water then throw it.
SpudStuff

Postby TurboSuper » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:53 pm

How bout an electric motor with a 2 sided paddle that spins up after a certain time? It would probably have to be placed straight up, but it would spray the BBs everywhere safely.
TurboSuper

Postby greeneyedboy5 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:13 am

OKokok heres my ruff design i thought of a while back http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/2350 ... iy5.th.png
It works by, yo pull it out, you pull out a piece of wodd thats between the t PVC' sticks and endcaps (not shown)

Throw it

Hopefully the c02 becomes punctured

Release gas explessing bb's
greeneyedboy5

Next

Return to BB/Airsoft/Pellet Guns