Vortex block sells

This area is for the discussion of BB or airsoft sub machine guns, and or other small arms such as pellets. No home made BB or airsoft guns should ever be used in a match where you shoot other people... they are too powerful.

Postby Spudinator » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:21 pm

Yeh, I still make em if anybody is asking, can do any material (not to impede on what you are doing noname, just providing another source of them). I am a machinist, I know what I am doing.

On another note noname, what type of equipment do you run to make them? I run a 14 x 40-some JET geared head lathe, and a WEBB vertical mill most of the time, and a couple older lathes.
Spudinator

Postby noname » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:27 pm

Hacksaw and a drill; it's all you need.
noname

Postby Spudinator » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:53 pm

Ohh, thats right, your making inlines. Yeh, thats all you'd need for inlines, but machine equipment is great for the original strafer block, you can get everything set just right.
Spudinator

Postby noname » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:32 pm

Yeah, I've tried making the kind for a 1 1/2" plug, they're really annoying. You need shrouds, a bunch of different little holes, feeder cones aren't a "must" but they help, and you have to get it aligned perfectly, it's too much of a hassle.
I mean, look at <a href="http://www.spudfiles.com/uploader/uploadFiles/how1.jpg">this thing.</a> Takes about 10 minutes, the hardest part is sizing it correctly for the right size of pipe. The funny thing about it is that the longest part was epoxying the shrouds on; I ended up ripping them off because it was jamming the block.
noname

Sponsored

Sponsor

Previous

Return to BB/Airsoft/Pellet Guns