electro-pneumatic firing mechanism made to work?

This area is for the discussion of BB or airsoft sub machine guns, and or other small arms such as pellets. No home made BB or airsoft guns should ever be used in a match where you shoot other people... they are too powerful.

Postby fullmetaljacket » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:51 am

... apparently, check out the M2HB airsoft replica at <b><a href="http://www.pipersprecisionproducts.com/">P3</a></b>, clucking bell!

500 fps with an 8mm BB has got to hurt, especially with that rate of fire [:0]
fullmetaljacket

Postby Numbuh 16 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:18 am

OH SHI-
Numbuh 16

Postby shadowscion » Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:11 pm

Jeez that thing is more badass then his other stuff.
shadowscion

Postby fullmetaljacket » Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:35 pm

That's what I thought, I mean I love the BRAAAAAP! of a gatling as much as the next man but that solid DAKKA-DAKKA-DAKKA-DAKKA! is something I've always wanted to acheive...
fullmetaljacket

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby Mr.Plow » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:36 pm

Really, though, it wouldn't be impossible for many here to duplicate, especially those familiar with airsoft. Hook a small DC motor to a revolving disc with intermittent gaps where brushes can sweep across its surface. Each time the brushes leave the gap and contact the conductive surface of the disc, it would open a solenoid valve and a simple blow forward (or, even easier, a bolt connected to the rotation of the disc that moves foreward and backwards like inside a real airsoft gun) would load a BB for each shot. Because he's using an autowinding mag, reloading is no problem. Add in a 1200 dollar M2 body from a different company and there you go. It's still impressive, but the fact that he didn't manufacture the body itself is disappointing.
Mr.Plow

Return to BB/Airsoft/Pellet Guns