alluminum barrel for $6

This area is for the discussion of BB or airsoft sub machine guns, and or other small arms such as pellets. No home made BB or airsoft guns should ever be used in a match where you shoot other people... they are too powerful.

Postby hi » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:06 pm

Let me start off by saying that I am not only a spudgunner, but also an archer. Alot of people that make a bbmg have trouble finding a barrel. Well it just so happens that airsoft bb's and .22 caliber pellets fot almost perfectly inside an Easton alluminum arrow shaft. The arrow shafts are hollow to keep them light. Its also is a coinsidence that a Easton arrow shaft fits close to perfectly into a 1/4 inch brass nipple. Its not exctly a perfect fit, but with some JB weld and some duct tape it holds just fine. Trust me, it works, iv'e done it. I would post pictures but I cant find my camera.

Where does one get an arrow shaft? An archery shop of cource!
I think you can get arrows up to 38 inches. There are many shapes and sizes. You can also buy just one shaft without the knocks, tip, or fleaching to save money. Ebay also is a good place to get arows, but you usually have to buy several. I find that a Easton 2114 superlite works best. i don't know if anyone will try this, but i thought that I would let you know.
hi

Postby fidgety » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:15 am

genius pure genius :) I must try it for I too am a archer.
fidgety

Postby TalonXxX » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:08 am

TalonXxX

Postby spuzi14 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:17 pm

I'll probably try this. There's plans to build a BBMG this summer since a friend of mine says her airsoft gun is boring her (it's just a semi automatic, she doesn't play, just wanted it for fun).
spuzi14

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby fullmetaljacket » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:11 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I'll probably try this. There's plans to build a BBMG this summer <b>since a friend of mine says her airsoft gun is boring her</b> (it's just a semi automatic, she doesn't play, just wanted it for fun).
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

workshop whore!

[:0]

<small>just kidding ;)
fullmetaljacket

Postby spuzi14 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:06 pm

Heh, nonsense FMJ...a girl that really knows what FUN is! :)
spuzi14

Postby hi » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:53 pm

well if you try it just remember that the arrow is a little loose in the nipple, but it will fit.
hi

Return to BB/Airsoft/Pellet Guns