igniter placement inside chamber

Just starting to spud and wonder how long your barrel should be? Want to know how to build a better cannon? This is just the place! If you think your question is one of a newcomer, please post it in here. If your question is posted elsewhere, and it's a newcomer's type question, it will be moved in here.

Postby jimmy » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:08 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by cjaddy
[br]So if the question is weather or not correct spark placment helps just get a stun gun for 20 bux and make a spark card that runs the length of the chambe and all problems are solved. If you're serious about getting properly applied spark energy it's the only way to go. If two sparks gave you that much more hangtime think of what 20 or 30 sparks could do. Of course you get exponetialy deminishing returns with each added spark over 3 or so.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Great theory. Care to test it?

One problem with a spark strip is that the strip itself interferers with the propagation of the flame front.
jimmy

Postby altxf4 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:04 am

here is something to keep in mind since it is cold. Durring the first shots, the chamber i bet was cold. after those shots that chamber warmed up. since you said you meter with a syring i assume you use a liquid fuel. most liquid fuels i know of will vaporize more readily when heated or warm. so the longer hang time shots could be due to better fuel mixing making a faster flame.

Just a thought.
altxf4

Previous

Return to Frequently Asked Questions aka The Newbie Corner