paintball gun

Just starting to spud and wonder how long your barrel should be? Want to know how to build a better cannon? This is just the place! If you think your question is one of a newcomer, please post it in here. If your question is posted elsewhere, and it's a newcomer's type question, it will be moved in here.

Postby An Apple Pie » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:04 pm

Or out in the rain. They get to be all squishy like water ballons then, and are fun to throw at people [:p].
An Apple Pie

Postby ShowNoMercy » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:00 pm

i know this is prob getting a bit repetitive but does anyone know the size of pipe for soda cans?
ShowNoMercy

Postby clide » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:09 pm

2.5" SDR26.
Although it is typically hard to find, a more practical size would be 3" with a sabot or wadding.
clide

Postby ShowNoMercy » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:10 am

i was looking at the spudfiles site (idk if thats taboo) and i found a semi auto paintball gun,( http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=160& ) it was blue and etc. but anyway it used a spring to push back the bolt after fireing and i was wondering if that kinda design mmight work with say a larger projectile?
ShowNoMercy

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby clide » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:58 pm

Kinda, I have been working on a larger version of that bolt and I have been having some issues, although most of the issues I have encountered with a large scale version have to do with the materials not being able to handle the forces involved. With a larger bolt you need some padding to stop the bolt without breaking things.

If you don't mind using a sealed magazine there are much simpler designs for loading mechanisms out there.
clide

Postby ShowNoMercy » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:03 pm

ok so a golfball sized or soda can sized barrel might not be such a hot idea?
ShowNoMercy

Previous

Return to Frequently Asked Questions aka The Newbie Corner