Cleaning up Clear PVC Pipe

Just starting to spud and wonder how long your barrel should be? Want to know how to build a better cannon? This is just the place! If you think your question is one of a newcomer, please post it in here. If your question is posted elsewhere, and it's a newcomer's type question, it will be moved in here.

Postby frankrede » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:06 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Rmich732
[br]<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by An Apple Pie
[br]Wow Rmich is building a combustion. This is amazing stuff here.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Haha I was waiting for someone to notice that... yeah, I am going to attempt a combustion... I'm actually considering just slopping the pipe with purple primer, putting the ignitor in the back cleanout cap, and using all ABS parts just for effect :D

Billybobjoe- Thanks for the response! Thats exactly what I needed to know
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Sounds like my old cannon:)
But Rmich I hope your gun comes out great and noobish, lol.
frankrede

Postby BewareOfDog » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:35 am

Rmich732,<br />Wanna save a shitload of cash, on your propane-meter setup?... Make yourself a "fuel pod", like BigBang did!<br /><br />Solvent-weld two (2) 2" SCH40 PVC Caps together, with a short piece of 2" SCH40 PVC pipe. The pipe should be cut just long enough, so that the caps flat/open ends touch each other when solvent-welded together.<br /><br />Install (through the double-wall thickness) the following:<br />        1.) 1/4" NPT Ball Valve, attached to propane adapter. (This is for your INLET)<br />        2.) 1/4" NPT Ball Valve, attached to a 1/4" NPT Male Quick-Disconnect. (This is for your OUTLET)<br />        3.) 1/4" NPT Pressure Gauge, that reads 5-120psig, in 5psig increments.<br />        4.) 1/8" NPT Schrader Valve (Will allow you to slowly "bleed" pressure off , if accidently over-pressurized )<br /><br />By installing a 1/4" NPT Female Quick-Disconnect through the double-wall thickness of your launcher, this meter assembly can be easily attached to the chamber.<br /><br />This setup will meter a 4.03% Fuel mixture in a launcher as small as 83.48 cubic inches, all the way up to a whopping 1,503 cubic inches.<br /><br /><br />      <b>Volume</b>      <b>Chamber length</b>             <b>Pressure</b>         <b>Fuel Pod Volume</b>        <b>(% by volume)</b> <br /> <br />        83.48        11.48 of 3" SCH40 PVC         5psig              9.89 cubic inch                 4.03%<br /><br />        1503         52.61 0f 6" SCH40 PVC       90psig              9.89 cubic inch                 4.03%

<marquee loop="infinite"><b>:DRmich732 RULES!:D</b></marquee>
BewareOfDog

Previous

Return to Frequently Asked Questions aka The Newbie Corner