This new area...

Just starting to spud and wonder how long your barrel should be? Want to know how to build a better cannon? This is just the place! If you think your question is one of a newcomer, please post it in here. If your question is posted elsewhere, and it's a newcomer's type question, it will be moved in here.

Postby PCGUY » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:45 pm

This new area is for all "noob" questions. Any post that is deemed a "noob" question can be moved into here.

For those of you that wish not to deal with noobs, just avoid this area.

Mods - Please don't go "moving overboard" :p.

I rather things go into here then posts being deleted.
PCGUY
Site Admin

Postby utcpyro » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:12 pm

I was just about to suggest that you guys do this in the "I can't [intercourse]ing take it anymore!" thread. Really good idea, but you might want to try and make it the most obvious place for any newbie to post though.

I'm probably not one to really talk though, seeing as I only have 78 post and only a member for a little over a month.
utcpyro

Postby PCGUY » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:23 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Really good idea, but you might want to try and make it the most obvious place for any newbie to post though.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Have any ideas on a good way to do that?
PCGUY
Site Admin

Postby aturner » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:31 pm

I have an idea, but I don't know if it's a good one.

When someone registers, they should be taken directly to a sticky in this area of the forum, which explains the purpose of this area and includes links to additional info for newbs.
aturner

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby PCGUY » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:41 pm

Sure... if I had the ability to do that :p
PCGUY
Site Admin

Postby utcpyro » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:09 am

First thing you might want to do is change the name of this section. I dont think a newbie would actually know that the question they have is common. Something like "New and have a question? Ask here!". That right there is not much help, but you probably get the idea.

Maybe you could even make a whole "new user's" group of forms. One for general suggestions by more experienced members (kind of like a newbie FAQ, just bigger). Then one like this for general questions, and one for there ideas.

Maybe these will help, or maybe it as good as bull crap. I hope it's the first though.
utcpyro

Postby somexone75 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:37 am

different font color thats big and bold or flashing if possiable

so happy a newbie forum no more clutter..... i hope
somexone75

Postby SMOMW » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:50 pm

I'm happy this is here. I hope the mods will move the noob posts here instead of just deleting them. However I do suggest that if a noob posts a question which is already here just delete the post... or lock it and give a link to the thread that is in here. The second would be more productive, just deleting someone's question will leave them still dumbfound and confused and make them ask again.
SMOMW

Postby syco kilaa » Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:36 pm

just wondering if you could lease move this section (the noob questions section) either above "finished cannons" or below pnuematics? it makes it a lot easier to click on them then, because now when I want to click on pnuematics I will always click on this section instead.
syco kilaa

Postby draculon » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:17 pm

hah!, i keep doing the same thing syco, but definitely, good job on this section, not that i mind answering questions, but after a while it gets a bit annoying
draculon

Next

Return to Frequently Asked Questions aka The Newbie Corner