Should we eliminate "In God We Trust"?

Postby randomvictim » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:20 pm

I am not saying Atheism should be the national religion, I am saying there shouldn't be a nation religion.
randomvictim

Postby Arborman495 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:25 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by randomvictim
[br]I am not saying Atheism should be the national religion, I am saying there shouldn't be a nation religion.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

That is a problem fased by all governments that meddle with control of religion. Atheism IS a religion. One ,I believe, requires more faith than others. Promoting no religion promotes Atheism. The government should stay separate from controlling religion. They should stay separate in all cases unless, it threatens the safety of other people. ----WACO
Arborman495

Postby Navigator7 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:50 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by randomvictim
[br]There is absolutely nothing you can say that could possibly convert me, so you can stop boasting how great your god is. Once you can understand why you don't pray to a rain god, you'll understand why I don't need yours. Navigator you failed to address a single point I made in my last post. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I'm not trying to convert you...we are discussing. We have opposing views. So?
Who you pray to or not...is none of my business.
There is only One that knows what resides in your heart.
I do believe God is great...and he has a whole lot more patience than I do.
Your opinion of Him, or Jesus, makes little difference to me.
My faith is my faith.
"I can hit a golf ball a long ways" That's boasting. Call out God's glory is calling out fact.

I didn't know there was a question to me in your last post.

Try it again.
Navigator7

Postby Pimpmann22 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:51 pm

While I'll be overly blunt, but I think the point will be concise.

By eliminating mention of God are you not catering to the beliefs of Atheists? [As its largely Atheists endorsing such actions]
Pimpmann22

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby Suppresive Fire » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:00 pm

It's not a religion as they don't believe in anything so they have no religion. They just wanted something better to say than I don't have one when somone asks you your religion.
Suppresive Fire

Postby spuzi14 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:05 pm

Randomvictim, I can kind of agree. A national religion is a tad silly when there's many different religions being practiced. It would upset me though if we didn't have a nation religion because it just moves this country further into a variable like state where some people live here and some people just seem to come through to make a buck.
spuzi14

Postby Navigator7 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:05 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Arborman495
Even though this nation has a crapload of bad in it, there is good almost everwhere as well.

This debate is proof of that.

Whatever is said here, positions, sides, opinions....I hope good comes from it.
There is no doubt I'm opposed to liberal thought...and I do try to call out why.
My two favorite topics are politics and religion.

Whether you get pissed, angry, sorry, proved right or proved wrong....shamed, glorified........far greater is engaging in the debate.

As long as we remain a "Constitutional Republic"...the county goes the way of the people.

Therefore...The battle is for your mind.

History will call out who was right or wrong...but I think we are all fighting a battle for the mind.
Navigator7

Postby boilingleadbath » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:20 pm

Nav, you forget the "constitutional" part of the "contititional republic"... designed expressly to prevent the country from going the way the majority wishes it would.

As such, it does not matter who is the minority... there shall be no special treatment for any group, including the majority.
The current system is special treatment for the majority.

To correct this, we can either require the presence of a religious symbol for any religion one wishes (very expensive), or we can eliminate state-sponsored signs of religion.

Now, this is very different than banning public displays of religion... by all means, if someone wants to buy a plot of land next to the courthouse and erect some engraved stone tablets / satanistic symbol / whatever... they should be aloud to.
And they should have to pay taxes on that land. (as should normal churches)
boilingleadbath

Postby Arborman495 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:36 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Suppresive Fire
[br]It's not a religion as they don't believe in anything so they have no religion. They just wanted something better to say than I don't have one when somone asks you your religion.

I disagree. Atheism IS a religion. They Believe in no OTHER religion. I believe in The One True God.

I do agree with you that there should be no national religion. Christianity is found all over American history because our nation was founded upon it. This does not mean that we should impress Christianity on others.

While we do not try or mean to impress, we do try to convert. Believeing in God is AWESOME. You have a guy on your side that can part the sea, stop the sun, and even put DR to shame in a debate. When you have that to turn to, life is so much better. The reason we try to convert is not to let everyone know that "we are right" or "you are a sinner". We just want others to share in our joy and join us in heaven. This is being very blunt, but we do also believe that all who do know know Christ go to hell. We only wish to save all we can from that fate.

And mister boiling lead death, ever heard the phrase, oh I don't know, THE MAJORITY RULES?

And Nav,.....

*tear*

that was beautiful
Arborman495

Postby Navigator7 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:42 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by boilingleadbath
[br]Nav, you forget the "constitutional" part of the "contititional republic"... designed expressly to prevent the country from going the way the majority wishes it would.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

You mean...the rule of law.

Yet another sorry liberal vat of sheep dip.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">BLB~To correct this, we can either require the presence of a religious symbol for any religion one wishes (very expensive), or we can eliminate state-sponsored signs of religion.

Now, this is very different than banning public displays of religion... by all means, if someone wants to buy a plot of land next to the courthouse and erect some engraved stone tablets / satanistic symbol / whatever... they should be aloud to.
And they should have to pay taxes on that land. (as should normal churches)

I'm in favor of historical reverence of those that came before us and opposed to the current ongoing liberal bandwagon for the destruction of America.
Navigator7

PreviousNext

Return to Political Rants, Discussions & Debates