Evolution: The individual, education, and overal

Postby Mr.Plow » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:05 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Evolutional theories have changed since Darwin's time...the bIble hasn't.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
That's actually a very important piece of evidence to support evolution. I wouldn't send children to a school with textbooks that hadn't been revised in two decades, much less 2000 years! Revision, correction, and improvement are key components of the evolution of knowledge systems.
Mr.Plow

Postby Mr.Plow » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:10 pm

Alright, heres a test of ID versus evolution:

Using the theory of intelligent design, explain why in romantic relationships the females are more distressed by the thought of the partners in an extramarital affair in which he is emotionally attached to the mistress, while males are more distressed by the idea of their partner having sexually involved affair.
Mr.Plow

Postby Arborman495 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:28 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Mr.Plow
[br]<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Evolutional theories have changed since Darwin's time...the bIble hasn't.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
That's actually a very important piece of evidence to support evolution. I wouldn't send children to a school with textbooks that hadn't been revised in two decades, much less 2000 years! Revision, correction, and improvement are key components of the evolution of knowledge systems.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Revision is not needed when the Source is FLAWLESS.

And about the grand caynon thing, I do think that this is geological evolution. This happened rapidly during a certain WORLDWIDE FLOOD
Arborman495

Postby Mr.Plow » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:42 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">This happened rapidly during a certain WORLDWIDE FLOOD<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Then why'd it happen only there? I don't see many canyons in Tennessee... shoot, that worldwide flood sure was selective! And it must've been really slow, like over a many millenia, and wait... no, that doesn't account for the grand canyon or its surrounding landscape at all. Darn, that was close.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Revision is not needed when the Source is FLAWLESS. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Or if it has no predictive/explanatory scientific value.
Mr.Plow

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby BewareOfDog » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:01 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><b>Originally posted by Mr.Plow</b>
Alright, heres a test of ID versus evolution:

Using the theory of intelligent design, explain why in romantic relationships the females are more distressed by the thought of the partners in an extramarital affair in which he is emotionally attached to the mistress, while males are more distressed by the idea of their partner having sexually involved affair.

The only power a woman can truly have over a man, is to have the man emotionally <b>dependent</b> on her.

The only power a man <b>thinks</b> that he has over a woman, is that he satisfies her in bed.

Either one is afraid that another possible partner somehow satisfies them in a way that the other cannot.
BewareOfDog

Postby sharpshooter » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:06 pm

faith is required for both... and yet evolution cant explain half of whats happened. there are no transitional creatures... the earths layers are are mixed up in certain areas... some places have trees and fossils that stick through multiple lays which suggests a quick deposit and compression of matter (enter the flood). Sure, today many scientists are evolutionists, yet few if any will ever risk debating a creationist because they know that they will lose.
sure... many today believe in evolution, but through out history the majority of the worlds population has been Christian.
biogenisis any one??? the day a rock starts walking, i will listen.
irreducible complexity is the biggest thing for me though. Even in single celled organisms, u remove one part and they will die. Removing just one of the 40 parts from the flagella will render it useless.

Even if you look at the bible as purely being a history book, you cannot find a fault. In the book of exodus it says somthing to the effect of (sorry... to lazy to look up): by the life of his first born the walls (of jericho) will be rebuilt. His son will be the price of its gates. Guess what happened when jericho was excavated.... 2 bodies (both wounded...) found underneath the walls of the city near the main gate.

i could go on... maybe later... but for now, im outa here.
sharpshooter

Postby Navigator7 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:07 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">[i]Originally posted by Arborman495
And about the grand caynon thing, I do think that this is geological evolution. This happened rapidly during a certain WORLDWIDE FLOOD

Dittos!
Trying to change the bible is in fact counter productive.

The problem with the Grand Canyon is....the answer doesn't agree with "science"...so therefore the bible must be wrong.

Many things in our world view actually fit very nicely if you use the bible's time reference.

"Science" uses an ever changing time reference to make what they observe "fit".....even through they never observed what they promote as theory ...or ...truth.
Navigator7

Postby Navigator7 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:07 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Navigator7
[br]<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">[i]Originally posted by Arborman495

Dittos Arborman!

Mr Plow,

Trying to change the bible is in fact counter productive.

The problem with the Grand Canyon is....the answer doesn't agree with "science"...so therefore the bible must be wrong.

Many things in our world view actually fit very nicely if you use the bible's time reference.

"Science" uses an ever changing time reference to make what they observe "fit".....even through they never observed what they promote as theory ...or ...truth.

Navigator7

Postby boilingleadbath » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:08 pm

Directly observed evolution:
Domestification of livestock/pets (ok, manual unnatural selection)
Domestifacation of crops (ok, at least unnatural selection)
Breeding of yeasts (ok, selection in a human-generated enviroment)
Varius weeds, bacteria, and virusus adapting to biocides (we don't even want them to!)
Differences in microbiological species between "native" america and europe (well, we observed the effects)

Now, you are going to say that this is only micro-evolution... but what did you really expect, considering the number of generations we've had of the bigger creatures?

(note that one might consider that the yeasts are significantly evolved, considering that we now have yeasts that will piss everything from ethanol to pseudoephedrine.)
boilingleadbath

Postby spuzi14 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:13 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">The bible was written by man<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Got proof? When you do, drop me a line.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Way to go, God, you built a geological pipe bomb?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Why do people think God never harms people? Not intentionally picking on you, but I get this kind of stuff all the time.

Note the periodic table and all on it. Except for the elements we made (plutonium is one I think and there's others) those are the ingridients God used to make nature and everything in it. When I make a sandwich I use bread, beef, types of lunch meat, lettuce, cheese, ketchup, hot sauce, peppers, black pepper, etc because those are the ingridients (am I spelling that wrong?) needed to make it. I don't say here's a sandwich and it's there. The difference between God and me is that he had to make his own ingridients. Lucky for me, mine come in a vaccum sealed package that put some meat wrapper outta work. So what I'm saying is, it was only a matter of time until humans discovered the stuff God used to make all that is around us and then manipulated the recipes to make the computer I'm typing on.

Can somebody prove to me gravity exists? Go ahead, drop a book. Well? I didn't see any gravity. It seems to me that book has some mass and has fallen because it's thicker than air.

If it seems like I took some common things and made them into an extreme and took them literally, reform your opinion on creation.

And for something on topic, I think evolution and intelligent design are both complete crap. I know God made what I see and that's all I need to know.

Seriously, did I spell ingridients right?:evil:
spuzi14

PreviousNext

Return to Political Rants, Discussions & Debates