Evolution: The individual, education, and overal

Postby Navigator7 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:19 pm

Just 30 years ago...scientists were warning us about global cooling.

Global Warming is just an excuse to tax citizens for the weather.
This is a scare tactic foisted on the people of the world.

Kioto is crap.
Navigator7

Postby SPG » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:31 am

Sorry Arbormann, which little stunt was that? Helping the American Revolutionaries? (I loved the Revaluation typo Chris - made me laugh, in a good way) Or losing in Vietnam before the Americans ever got there? Or was it perhaps the Universal Declaration of Human Rights? Oh no wait let me think, it was being so ungrateful for the Americans helping out in WWII that they didn't help out in Iraq.

First of all you need to know a few bits of history. Thousands upon thousands of French fought all through WWII - they were called the Free French - they fought in Africa, Italy, and then from D-Day onwards in Western Europe. Thousands upon thousands more French were deported by the Germans and put in forced labour camps in Eastern Germany, Poland and occupied Russia. Thousands more French fought all through WWII as members of the Resistance; the village church here in Bourbriac still has the bullet scars to from when 26 of the villagers were lined up and executed by the Germans, and one of the local chateaux was the secene of the brutal torturing of many more French by the Gestapo. This was the story throughout large parts of Occupied France. They didn't just roll over and run when faced with overwhelming German military superiority.

Secondly, the froggies not helping you out in Iraq. Well one might site the Suez Crisis. Egypt nationalised the Suez Canal, vital for worldwide trading. Britain and France stood against Naser and launched a military campaign to retake it. The Americans suggested appeasement, and when the French and British wouldn't accept this, the US withdrew all support.

Fast forward to Iraq. The Frensch, along with almost all of the rest of the world didn't accept largely American military intelligence concerning the existance of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq - the reasons sited by the Americans and British for invasion, without these WMDs the French and most of the rest of the world felt that a war with Iraq would be an act of aggression, would destabilise a very sensitive region, and lead to military and massive civilian casualties.

Guess what? The Froggies were right.

And yes, I'm afraid I do tell you I believe you're wrong in your interpretation of $cripture. Why? because it differs from not only my own, but from many many theologians and many many ordinary Christians down through two millenia. Also it differs from my personal experience of God. I'm not however telling you, you're not a Christian, because the one thing you haven't done is talked of your personal experience of God, all you've done is told me what second-hand knowledge you've accepted. I firmly believe that what makes a person a Christian is the personal relationship with God, the acceptance of Christ's teachings on love of God and fellow man; not the book knowledge, which anyone can have. I'm sure your experience of God is valid, what I'm questioning, is your knowledge of the development of theology, church history, and church tradition; and the way that has brought about the Christianity we know today.
SPG

Postby someguynamedchris » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:35 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by SPG
[br](I loved the Revaluation typo Chris - made me laugh, in a good way)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Well I am glad my disabilities amuse you.
someguynamedchris

Postby wobbled76 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:41 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by spuzi14
[br][quote]I know God made what I see and that's all I need to know.

Then why are you arguing with us? You can't just state things and claim to have an argument.
wobbled76

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby spuzi14 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:06 pm

I'm telling you where I stand and then trying to prove to you God exists and evolution is wrong.
spuzi14

Postby SPG » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:44 pm

No-one but God can prove God exists, that's the point. It takes faith to believe in God not proof.
SPG

Postby Arborman495 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:14 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by SPG
[br]No-one but God can prove God exists, that's the point. It takes faith to believe in God not proof.

Amen.

and your earlier post,...

Shut up about me being wrong about my interpretation of $cripture. Just be glad that I am a Christian. And you know my view/ interpretation from what, a few posts on a potato gunning site? Trying to peer into one's soul when you know next to nothing about them is useless. You think you're soooooo smart.

We can argue about this all of our lives untill we die and both go to heaven. So shut up about you're "important:D" opinion about my interpretation, And I will shut up about the French.
Arborman495

Postby fullmetaljacket » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:35 am

Arborman, something for you to think about: <a href="http://www.update.uu.se/~fbendz/nogod/no_god.htm#intro">Try applying some logic to the situation, instead of just following "your" faith blindly.</a>
fullmetaljacket

Postby Navigator7 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:56 am

What a crock, FMJ.
Dispel the notion God is not what he says he is?
Navigator7

Postby fullmetaljacket » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:44 am

Can god make a rock that is too heavy for him to carry? Can god build a wall that even he can't tear down?

There's some food for thought in that link.
fullmetaljacket

PreviousNext

Return to Political Rants, Discussions & Debates