Evolution: The individual, education, and overal

Postby spuzi14 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:04 pm

He could...

Why would he? That defeats the purpose of having such power. FMJ I don't think that's really a question worth asking because any person of normal intelligence wouldn't do such a thing unless the rock was never meant to be moved and the wall never meant to be torn down.
spuzi14

Postby fullmetaljacket » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:18 pm

The point is that if he could make a rock that was <b>too heavy for him to carry</b>, or if he <b>couldn't</b> make a rock that was too heavy for him to carry - in both scenarios, then he is *not* an omnipotent god.
fullmetaljacket

Postby spuzi14 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:31 pm

Whoopy-fiz-pickles?

So now that you think he's not an omnipotent God, what are you gonna do next?
spuzi14

Postby fullmetaljacket » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:38 pm

I refer you to the above link ;)
fullmetaljacket

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby MrCrowley » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:40 am

Arborman495 - If the Christians are wrong in the end, nothing lost. I will end up as a butterfly of just cease to exist.
But if everyone else is wrong, they will spend all of eternity in hell

But you can not go to hell if you do not believe in hell.
Hell is something christians have to believe in, it gets forced upon them as a kid. This is what you have to believe in nothing else exsist is what is getting forced upon you. Where as i've growen up open to all options. Ive had no belief forced upon me, ive chosen/decided what is more logically plausable/possible. What theory makes more sence and what has more evidence.... That would be evolution. But because ive had no belief forced upon me i dont get told whats right and wrong and told to believe it, Im open. like for example some people who dont believe in christianity believe in Hell/Heaven. But people who believe in christianity have no option what else to believe in. Since im open and i take science as being the correct theory i can choose. There is no evidence hell exists same with heaven,god,Jesus. Someone early pointed out that man is flawed yet he made the bible. The bible is a book written by a bunch of believers that thought the earth was flat etc. Back when it was written by these men(im not saying jesus told 'em so as that is just weird) there was probably no other very influental religion for those type of people. So they 'make' one up. Its all make believe, Your basing your theory and beliefs on a book unconfirmly writeen by a bunch of wise men. Hell i could of done the same back then. The reason they put such 'out of the world' ideas in the book is because no one at the time had any proof to proove them otherwise. people wanted to believe these new ideas. They proably didnt think technology would exist and they could be proven wrong,so by writing such wacky ideas they attracted a large crowd which they could eventually take control over like they have and force beliefs on them like they also have. By writing a book about stuff people already knew was true they would achieve very little, but by writing a book on new ideas and giving people hope and getting rid of fear, making them safe and secure and having someone watching over them always, gave them a chance to believe,a chance of hope and security that they would be safe, and new ideas always appeal to people, even today. Thats why new authors/books having new concepts and new beliefs giving a chance for people too believe a chance of hope that it could be true, are very sucessfull(Today - Harry Potter, 2000years ago - Bible) unlike what other religions had done at the time or place.
MrCrowley

Postby clide » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:11 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by MrCrowley
But you can not go to hell if you do not believe in hell.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
...If there truly is a hell then you can surely go there even if you don't believe in it.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Hell is something christians have to believe in, it gets forced upon them as a kid. This is what you have to believe in nothing else exsist is what is getting forced upon you. Where as i've growen up open to all options. Ive had no belief forced upon me, ive chosen/decided what is more logically plausable/possible. What theory makes more sence and what has more evidence.... That would be evolution. But because ive had no belief forced upon me i dont get told whats right and wrong and told to believe it, Im open. like for example some people who dont believe in christianity believe in Hell/Heaven. But people who believe in christianity have no option what else to believe in.

Yeah because all Christians believe the same thing. We have tons of different denominations just because it's boring to all be called the same thing.

The Bible can be interpreted in infinitely many ways, we are not "forced" to believe anything, we believe it out of choice. Just because what we see as more "logically plausible/possible" differs from what you see doesn't mean we are wrong or less open to different ideas.
clide

Postby MrCrowley » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:25 am

Crowley, Out.

I have too much repsect for clide and his slider paintball gun I cannot possibly argue with him over religion. :D

Oh and then we are still left with the issue of 'proof'.
Try and proove there is a god/jesus/heaven/hell
MrCrowley

Postby MrCrowley » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:46 am

Arborman - If it wasn't for American Christian G.I.'s you would be scrubbing German toilets for your entire life.

Acutally most historians would agree Germany's downfall was Mother Russia. Not the States. Maybe in the first world war but the second it was the Russians. Yes, the Jap's would of taken most of the pacific but this would of happened after the end of WW2 which historians would say late 1945 or early '46. Meaning the States would of joined a fight against Japan to stop them controlling the Pacific.(indonesia,parts of china,small islands etc) Even if the States joined the war later then they did say 1945 if Japan was taking over the Pacific/China to get to Russia most of the war would be over and the US would just be saving Allied lives not winning the war.
MrCrowley

Postby fullmetaljacket » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:38 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">The Bible can be interpreted in infinitely many ways, we are not "forced" to believe anything, we believe it out of choice. Just because what we see as more "logically plausible/possible" differs from what you see doesn't mean we are wrong or less open to different ideas.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

If you acknowledge that your beliefs are indeed "interpretations", how can you have such concrete faith in them?

Re: Russia's role in the downfall of Nazi Germany, it's interesting to note the extensive amount of weapons and supplies the Soviet Union received from the US and the UK during the war.
fullmetaljacket

Postby clide » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:34 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by fullmetaljacket
If you acknowledge that your beliefs are indeed "interpretations", how can you have such concrete faith in them?

The finer details are an interpretation, and indeed I don't have concrete faith in those, but the important things are fairly strait forward. Jesus, the son of God, died for our sins and through him comes salvation. That is what I have concrete faith in.

Besides, everybody has put their faith in their own interpretation of the world around them. Even if you don't believe in God you have some opinion on how the universe works, and that is based on interpretation.

There is no proof for what I believe Crowley and there is no proof for what you believe.
clide

PreviousNext

Return to Political Rants, Discussions & Debates