An Inconvenient truth

Postby clide » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:28 pm

Here is a pretty good video about how screwed up our education system is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfRUMmTs0ZA
clide

Postby Kenny_McCormic » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:35 pm

my sister has to do that everyday mathematics shit its hella confusing to me and im 4 grades ahead of her and always got strait As and B+s EVERYDAY MATHEMATICS SUCKS BALLS!
Kenny_McCormic

Postby An Apple Pie » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:24 pm

I am in a private school. I am in the 8th grade and I am taking geometry. Personally I learned both the normal way for multiplication(3rd or 4th grade) and the lattice way(5th grade). When I first learned the lattice way I used it a lot because I thought it was pretty cool how it worked. I then figured out how much longer it took, and I have never used it again.

Personally I have never really seen to many of the problems that you guys are talking about, although I never have been to a public school, but I beleive that if you have enough time to teach the normal way in a private school then you should have enough time to teach it in a public school.
An Apple Pie

Postby Navigator7 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:40 pm

And then these newly educated youts hit the market place.........
Who wants to employ publicly educated youts?
Navigator7

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby InvisibleAndThenSome » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:06 pm

Wow that's freaky because I am also a M.J.McDermott.....and I wanna be a teacher haha

I think the entire educational system needs to be revamped. Which is what they are trying to do with all these cute methods but they overcomplicate things. Education should be simplified, not made more complex.

Also, I think the structure of classrooms is not at all conducive for learning. I think classrooms should be circular (a lot of teachers in NY have already caught on to this and move the desks at the beginning of class)
InvisibleAndThenSome

Postby TurboSuper » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:48 am

I blame the parents.

Discipline starts at home.
TurboSuper

Previous

Return to Political Rants, Discussions & Debates