Right gaurd no longer works:

Post questions and info about combustion (flammable vapor) powered launchers here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems and anything else relevant to launchers powered by igniting things like hairspray or propane.

Postby skaterhood » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:45 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by spudster1324
[br]well i heard the static guard works very well in some test it gave the highest feet per second at over 900 fps
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

yea i use static guard with very good results....
the can is nice and big too so you can shoot off a nice 120 shots....
skaterhood

Postby Esky » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:59 pm

I'm just a newbe (still on my first 100 lb of potatoes) and after failure with right Guard (brown can) I've used nothing but cheap spray paint. Spray with the can upside down so you don't get too much paint, and it seems to work fine.
Esky

Postby Cheesejaguar » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:17 pm

I just bought a 2pack of right guard today, it worked well....all too well >:-)

Checked on the back and it does have Denatured alcohol in it.
Cheesejaguar

Postby crashtestdummy » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:24 pm

Yeah, back when I used to use my combustion a lot, I would use some kind of cheap spray deoderant, but I recently brought it out and tried it with some right gaurd (which I haven't previously usedas a fuel) and it worked fine. I have one of the larger brown "original flavor" cans and one of the black and green colored ones. I don't think that either of the cans were old, and so I don't know why people say it doesn't work anymore...:?:
crashtestdummy

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby CobraMustang » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:45 pm

so you guys say static guard is the best? yea a few days ago my friend bought the brown right guard that he said would work best.. and it did okish.. but this L'Oreal stuff he has.. which he took from his mom lol is way way better.. its called L'Oreal Mighty Mist or something like that. and here is the ingredients... Alcohol Denat, Hydroflurocarbon 152a, Water, Butane, Polyurethane 6, Fragrance, PPG-3 Methyl Ether. lmao i was looking at both the right guards and Might mist ingredients.. and right guard only had alcohol.. and this shit had Methyl Ether in it!!! so thats why its so powerful. does static guard have ether in it too? or what?
CobraMustang

Postby FLONE » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:57 pm

get a Rubbermaid 32 ounce heavy duty spayer, fill with HEET (yellow bottle), adjust the nozzle to spay 1/2 way into chamber, then finish with a 1 second spray of Static Guard per 3 sprays of HEET. BANG!!!
FLONE

Postby FLONE » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:35 pm

Used Sunnyside Denatured Alchohol until the can was empty, topped off the Rubbermaid bottle with the yellow HEET, worked a bunch better. Found out through MSDS online that Sunnyside has naphtha in it, although the company won't say the %. Klean-Strip appears to be closer to pure, will try that next year when spud season starts. (Minnesota)! And yes, Static Guard is good stuff, as is Right Guard when you can find it. Oust works nicely if you use the spray cap from the Static Guard can. Not as hot as the Static Guard, has a nice blue flame!!!
FLONE

Postby Red36 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:33 pm

The last place I found the old Right Guard was at a Dollar General. So I just started buying some type of generic deodorant that had the necessary ingredients for effective combustion.
Red36

Previous

Return to Combustion Launchers