My New Combustion Cannon Test Video

Post questions and info about combustion (flammable vapor) powered launchers here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems and anything else relevant to launchers powered by igniting things like hairspray or propane.

Postby Los Frijoles » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:52 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by TurboSuper
[br]Yeah, I caught on to something like that...but a 47' barrel?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Dosn't PVC come in 10' lengths? And I sure hope it would be breech-loading[:p]...
Los Frijoles

Postby Velocity » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:06 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Los Frijoles
[br]<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by TurboSuper
[br]Yeah, I caught on to something like that...but a 47' barrel?
Dosn't PVC come in 10' lengths? And I sure hope it would be breech-loading[:p]...

Probably would need to build a smaller combustion just to fire the projectile down the 47' barrel [:p]
Velocity

Postby cannon freak » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:14 pm

It’s a little impractical to have that big of a barrel even if it would give me the proper C:B ratio so instead I might use something like a 30‘ barrel, and it will be breech loading lol I don't think I will be taking the barrel off each time. I’m using ABS and it comes in 12' lengths so I just cut them up and hold them together with male and female fittings its a lot easier for storage.
cannon freak

Previous

Return to Combustion Launchers