lost instructions 1st timer

Post questions and info about combustion (flammable vapor) powered launchers here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems and anything else relevant to launchers powered by igniting things like hairspray or propane.

Postby Nat Harris » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:34 am

I bought a PVC Combustion Gun in 7/05. I had to move and packed up everything. I forgot about my spud-launcher and lost the instructions that came with it. Finally ready to unpack and try it out. Sure would appreciate advice on arming and using this thing, properly. I couldn't find details anywhere on the site, It was Order #129967. PVC Combustion Spudgun, 1.5:1 Ratio, 2" x 4' SCH 80 detachable barrel. Single ignition system, pistol grip.
It has 2 on / off valve handles on the unit and what looks like a hose and fitting for small propane bottles.
I prefer not to blow myself up or ruin the gun trying to figure it out from scratch. Please and thank you, Nat
Nat Harris

Postby GalFisk » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:02 pm

The two valve handles are ball valves for a fuel meter. How to use of a fuel meter is described <a href="http://www.spudfiles.com/spud_wiki/index.php?title=Fuel_meter">here</a>. It should be connected to a propane bottle, the pressure may need to be adjusted to get a proper mixture.
As long as you remember that at no time should both ball valves be opened simultaneously, there is nothing really wrong you can do. Also never look directly inside the chamber while triggering the ignition, if you have fueled up and it doesn't ignite, the chamber is most likely flooded and letting air in can bring it back into the flammable range.
GalFisk

Return to Combustion Launchers