the auto spud cannon

Post questions and info about combustion (flammable vapor) powered launchers here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems and anything else relevant to launchers powered by igniting things like hairspray or propane.

Postby BewareOfDog » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:06 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by killjoy_xt
[br]"Spud Gatling Gun" "feeding homeless people at 10 servings per second"
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I find that statement extremely offensive.
BewareOfDog

Postby Ric » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:33 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by DR
[br]<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by killjoy_xt
[br]"Spud Gatling Gun" "feeding homeless people at 10 servings per second"

I find that statement extremely offensive.

I find it freaking hilarious.:)

Build that mo'fugger and put us up a video of it!
Ric

Postby killjoy_xt » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:35 pm

i find half the stuff they say in rap extremely offensive but you dont see me complaining. but besides that anyone want to coment on SGG? anything you see dramaticaly wrong with it?
killjoy_xt

Postby killjoy_xt » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:33 am

hey guys i was looking at the drawings for the SGG and i think i might have a problem on 2 fronts. 1 the fueling system is bound to leak leading to a very messy ending, and 2 supposedly there is a problem with using batteries to get a continual spark. anyone see a solution to these problems
killjoy_xt

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby fullmetaljacket » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:31 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">hey guys i was looking at the drawings for the SGG and i think i might have a problem on 2 fronts. 1 the fueling system is bound to leak leading to a very messy ending, and 2 supposedly there is a problem with using batteries to get a continual spark. anyone see a solution to these problems<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I think self contained cartridges are still your best bet. Sure, you'd have to make a lot, but each unit will be relatively simply and once you get a system going it will be easy to mass produce. If you meter the propellant with a syringe, filling need not be time consuming either.

It's a bit like the history of firearms, it's only once the self-contained cartridge was developed that all sorts of semi/full auto mechanism ideas really got off the ground.
fullmetaljacket

Postby killjoy_xt » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:32 am

yes but take into consideration that firearms have smaller cartridges and are generally propelled with a more stable material. my major issue would be to get a gun that self fills after every shot and the only loading would be that of the potato. to be really "gun" like i would need metal casings and hybrid gases. but then im just getting carried away, i want my gun to be as modern as possible but in the end still shoot potatoes.
killjoy_xt

Postby fullmetaljacket » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:45 am

If you keep a relatively small calibre like 3/4", your <a href="http://localhost/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12997&SearchTerms=cartridge">cartridges</a> won't be tiny but they needn't be bigger than the <a href="http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/web/060716-F-3849K-002.jpg">30mm shells</a> used by the A-10's awesome GAU-8/A cannon... and that's a gatling firing 70 rounds per second [:0]
fullmetaljacket

Postby Numbuh 16 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:17 am

....?

I thought I already dicussed this in MY semi auto cannon thread... /:|
Numbuh 16

Postby fullmetaljacket » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:29 pm

If we had to only discuss things once on a forum, these things would die out pretty quickly. Many times a good concept that would have stalled in the past can be revived and made to work with the discovery of some new material or a fresh idea from a new member, that's the beauty of discussion on teh 1nt3rw3b5 r1t3?
fullmetaljacket

Postby Numbuh 16 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:52 pm

y4, 7h475 7ru3.

Although, looking back, I highly doubt that mine would have worked anyway..... It was a good idea, though. Might be easyer to make a discarding sabot pump-action paintball cannon.

Slightly off topic, imagine a hulking pneumatic cannon that fires paintballs.... using a 2 litre bottle for a sabot. Thats gotta be like, what, 20 pounds of paintballs?!?! =)
Numbuh 16

PreviousNext

Return to Combustion Launchers