the auto spud cannon

Post questions and info about combustion (flammable vapor) powered launchers here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems and anything else relevant to launchers powered by igniting things like hairspray or propane.

Postby coheej » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:49 pm

Killjoy, If you are firing the gatling gun at ten shots per second, would a simple hole in the brown plate be enough exposure to the propane to fill the chamber enough to fire? Perhaps a longer slit would be necessary?
coheej

Postby killjoy_xt » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:52 pm

ya i know, but then again you don't need much propane and im sure if you pump enough pressure into it, it will fill them fast enough. my only worry is that i think it will leak because there is nothing stopping the flow as it passes from chamber to chamber. i got some ideas that might solve this problem but i am probably never going to build this giant so testing might never happen. if anyone has the money and time to build this thing plz go right ahead. what i am working on is the semi automatic that i posted earlier. i added some mods to the design and now i think all angles are covered. just need to check recoil strength of the shots. anyone think a 3 inch chamber would have enough power to push a spring system back?
killjoy_xt

Postby SMOMW » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:17 pm

no one has even mentioned in this thread that precharged cartridges make it "technically" a firearm and thus illegal in the us... but killjoy is in canada. I don't know the laws there.

looks good. What you need are some electric selonoids instead of "slits and holes" for the meter system. Look up gorts backpack gun. it was semi auto. but might as well be full...

you also need to take into consideration the temperature of the chamber after several rounds and the structural integrity of your pvc.

gorts back pack gun cought on fire if anyone remembers that after several shots here in ky....
SMOMW

Postby rehab ralph » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:36 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by DR
[br]<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by killjoy_xt
[br]"Spud Gatling Gun" "feeding homeless people at 10 servings per second"
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I find that statement extremely offensive.

ok?
rehab ralph

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby DK » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:57 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by SMOMW
[br]no one has even mentioned in this thread that precharged cartridges make it "technically" a firearm and thus illegal in the us... but killjoy is in canada. I don't know the laws there.

looks good. What you need are some electric selonoids instead of "slits and holes" for the meter system. Look up gorts backpack gun. it was semi auto. but might as well be full...

you also need to take into consideration the temperature of the chamber after several rounds and the structural integrity of your pvc.

gorts back pack gun cought on fire if anyone remembers that after several shots here in ky....
Just out of curiosity:

- Was it the pvc in the chamber that started to break down and caught fire?
- The fire was inside the chamber?
- How many shots were fired in how much time?

I wasn't at the shootout, unfortunately, and have been meaning to ask these for some time.
DK

Postby killjoy_xt » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:07 pm

well i made an ass load of mods and completely redid the bolt mechanism and came really close to building the semi, but do to my age limitations and my parents saying "NOT IN MY GARAGE!!" i was unable to build it. but if anyone want to take crack at it e-mail me because i have the final drawings and even measurements of everything all ready down on paper
killjoy_xt

Postby sharpshooter » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:56 pm

you really need to stop with this email shit. Sure, that way you will only get the members with serious interest to see it, but many of us have no desire for a semi auto combustion, even though we may have valid points and helpful suggestions regarding the cannon.
my $0.02 worth.
sharpshooter

Previous

Return to Combustion Launchers