just a few questions

Post questions and info about combustion (flammable vapor) powered launchers here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems and anything else relevant to launchers powered by igniting things like hairspray or propane.

Postby MrCrowley » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:54 pm

So cheeseclip use atleast 'PN10' pipe for your barrel and chamber.
MrCrowley

Postby cheeseclip » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:57 pm

hey mr crowley what shops did you get your parts from
cheeseclip

Postby Numbuh 16 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:51 pm

What exactly is the difference between PSI and PSIG, and what about Right Guard (or similar propellants)? The guy who woreked plumbing at home depot had me get a 150 PSI release safety valve for mine. I think he though I was gonna use metered propane, but i'm just shooting Right Guard (assuming I don't get busted for building it).
Numbuh 16

Postby markfh11q » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:27 am

There are two terms of "PSI", PSIA and PSIG. PSIA is "pounds per square inch actual". The pressure in a room is around 14.7 PSIA. PSIG is "pounds per square inch gauge". The pressure in a room is 0 PSIG. PSIG measures the force the pressure exerts against a face with atmospheric pressure on the other side, and PSIA measures the force the pressure exerts against a face with a vacuum on the other side.
markfh11q

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby MrCrowley » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:06 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by cheeseclip
[br]hey mr crowley what shops did you get your parts from
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Well for starters screw mitre10,hammerhardware,bunnings.carters etc they won't stock pressure pipe,and if they do it will be fittings and really small ones as well. Im in Auckland so I personally go to LG Carders which is a plumibng merchant(I get discounts as well at trade price because the guy likes what I do with his pipe:D)
If your in Auckland as well, LG carders is at constelation(sp?) drive out by Albany. I recomend a plumibng merchant over a normal store as its usally a few dollars cheaper,they have most stuff up to 100mm and can give you it at trade price if you ask nicely8)
MrCrowley

Postby Numbuh 16 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:50 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by MrCrowley
[br]<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by cheeseclip
[br]hey mr crowley what shops did you get your parts from

Well for starters screw mitre10,hammerhardware,bunnings.carters etc they won't stock pressure pipe,and if they do it will be fittings and really small ones as well. Im in Auckland so I personally go to LG Carders which is a plumibng merchant(I get discounts as well at trade price because the guy likes what I do with his pipe:D)
If your in Auckland as well, LG carders is at constelation(sp?) drive out by Albany. I recomend a plumibng merchant over a normal store as its usally a few dollars cheaper,they have most stuff up to 100mm and can give you it at trade price if you ask nicely8)

Home Depot. Although, get the grill lighter from spudtech. MUCH cheaper. Remember, $3 < $11+
Numbuh 16

Postby MrCrowley » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:45 pm

We have no home deopt. I thought you would of realised that after listings a bunch of hardware stores you would never of heard of before. We also mentioned we were from New Zealand. not ever country is like America so don't automatically tell them 'SCH-40 at home depot'. Also the igniter he wanted is a set so you can mount your igniter a cool way on your spudgun and you also get huge screws with brass electrodes sticking out of them. Alot better then a basic grill igniter.

And also the price is in New Zealand dollars as its a NZ website(hence the .co.nz) so $26NZD is about $15US
MrCrowley

Previous

Return to Combustion Launchers