am i a genius? semi-auto coaxial

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered launchers here. This includes discussion about valves, ratios, compressors, and anything else relevant to launchers powered by compressed gas.

Postby hi. » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:03 am

Before you even look at my idea, Im going to tell you that I know that it is sloppy, but you should get the idea.

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/4486/project1sj5.png

Will this work? It should shouldn't it? The pink thing in the middle is a tee, which is to feed paint balls/ marbles, even though it dosnt even look like a pluming part. That tee is attached to a pipe of the same size as the barrel, which fits into another tee (with a brushing of cource) the same size as the chamber. Have i figured out how to make a semi-auto coaxial?
hi.

Postby hi. » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:50 am

It wont let me edit.

This would have to be constanly connected to a compressor. Also, the smaller tee would be farther back. you would need two ball valves, one for filling, one for firing, that way you dont have to constantly attach and detach the compressor.
hi.

Postby sgort87 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:11 am

I don't remember actually seeing one, but I know for a fact that I have a very detailed design for one of these that shoots golf balls and uses the piston to load the ball as well. Mr Plow has also told me he made one of these breech-loading coaxials and I think he said he tossed it.

But it's very good that you thought of it. Don't be discouraged. Build it!
sgort87

Postby Velocity » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:05 pm

Yeah, that design is certainly an interesting one; for some reason, I think pimpmann22 built one once, but was disappointed with it (maybe the designer WAS mr. Plow; I really am not sure)

The reason I do not like the design so much is that it takes away from the streamlined appearance of a coaxial; you might as well build a bulkier tee valve for it. Still though, it might not be a bad idea to try to build it and perfect it. Hey, you might discover something about this design that no one else had seen before, and it would then be known as the "hi loader"...
Velocity

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby noname » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:58 pm

<a href="http://www.spudfiles.com/uploader/uploadFiles/SemiAutoCoax.JPG">I would build this design I just drew up, but it would require O-ring grooves cut in the piston's ram, and I don't have a lathe.</a>
noname

Postby hi. » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:56 pm

Hey, that is a really neat design. My grandpa has a lathe, but its a wood lathe. Im sure he could do something like that for me. I will probly try it when I finish my current project.

By the way, what program did you use to draw that? Its obviously not what i used.
hi.

Postby randomvictim » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:04 pm

It appears that he made it in MSPAINT, and if he didn't he could have.

It seems like to me unless you have a way to seal off the section of the tee that the 'clip' connects to that a lot of the air would go up into the clip and decrease performance. You could have the tee closer to the end of the barrel and have the ammo roll back to solve the problem but you would still need a way to bolt off that section of the tee to keep the ammo from coming out.
randomvictim

Postby hi. » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:44 pm

I saw that problem too and was thinking of having a ball valve there. I was also thinking of having a spring and an end cap in the clip to force it down. Instead of having the tee farther up the barrel, I was thinking of having it closer to piston. Another thing is maybe have a stopper inside the smaller tee so the marble dosnt roll back to the piston. Other than that, does anyone see any other problems that it may have? I'm going to build this within the next 2-4 weeks, depending on when i finish my new hybrid.
hi.

Return to Pneumatic Launchers