Air tank and compressor

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered launchers here. This includes discussion about valves, ratios, compressors, and anything else relevant to launchers powered by compressed gas.

Postby incarnate » Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:43 pm

ok, i got tired of using the "jury" so i decided to go out and buy an air tank. so i get to wal mart and i get a 7 gallon air tank for 15$ i stop at a gas station, fill it up, and go home, i get home, then it hits me. i was like hmmm if this tank is filled to 120 psi, i can only pump my gun to 120 psi...then when i get a few shots, the tank will be filled to like 80 psi, then i'll only be able to shoot at 80 psi, so i was like poop. So i called my buddy and he brought his little compressor over. My tank was at 40 psi, so we started filling it up, it took almost 10 minutes to fill it up to 100 psi. Ok, what kind of compressor am i going to have to buy to fill this thing up faster. Without spending 100$ i want something small and powerfull, and no cig lighter attachment.
incarnate

Postby PCGUY » Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:18 pm

i dunno where u are going to get a compressor for under 100$ if u find one, PLZ TELL ME!
PCGUY
Site Admin

Postby someguynamedchris » Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:04 pm

you can go to wall mart and get a C&H 2 gal compressor for $99.

Chris
someguynamedchris

Postby FoxxLord » Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:11 pm

Go to Ebay.com, you'll find tons of air compressors under $100, even with buy-it-now option.
But even household compressors can be slow to build up pressure especially if it has a big tank, if you want something truely fast, go with co2.

-FoxxLord
FoxxLord

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby pacogoatboy » Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:30 pm

our walmart had a little one (not a 12V, just little) for $65 last week.
pacogoatboy

Postby chewy » Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:15 pm

[quote]Originally posted by pacogoatboy
[br]our walmart had a little one (not a 12V, just little) for $65 last week.
[/if thats the same one i got it takes abought 4 min to fill a 240ci chamber beats a hand pump but i going to co2 i dont shoot in town so unless i am shoot where theres electicity its ether gas compresser or co2 quote]
chewy

Postby Wolf » Tue Aug 12, 2003 6:34 pm

I use a 12v rechargeable compressor for car/truck emergencies, when charged I can get around 7 shots at 100PSI ,but I normally only go to 70PSI - 80PSI so I get more, Also I have a small yard so a lot of power aint a great idea:D
Wolf

Postby spiffy_vision » Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:10 pm

Dont get one of those compressors from wal mart. They have oil-less lubrication, oil lubed ones have a longer life time. If you live near a harbor freight tools you can see if they have this one on sale for $99.99: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/D ... mber=36625 its a 6.5 gallon one and if a 4 gallon worked for my gigantic gun than I bet it would work for most other pneumatics.
spiffy_vision

Postby jheissjr » Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:44 pm

Spiffy_vision, how long does it take to fill up its 4 gallon tank. Is it noisy? How big is the chamber on you gigantic cannon?
jheissjr

Postby spiffy_vision » Sat Aug 16, 2003 7:57 pm

Well, the 4 gallon was my freinds. I didnt get to look at the brand name because it was above the ceiling and the hose would come down through a hole. But from what I saw it was all black, just like the one I showed you (they make all their compressors fully black). Anyway you could turn it on with a light switch and it would fill itself up within about 1.5 minutes. I never got an idea of how much psi was in my gun because the schrader valve on my gun was screwed up and the bike connection i used to fill it up didnt have a psi gauge built in. But it was definitely shooting further and more powerful with the air compressor so it was somewhere more than 70 psi (that was the most i've ever done with my bike pump). My gun has a chamber space of aproximaltely 8.3 liters. And yes the 4 gallon was quite noisy, it sounded like most other air comporessors filling themselves up. If loudness is a problem for you than tell me and i'll give you a link with a how-to make your own freon pump air compressor (or for anyone else interested). The freon/fridge pumps are definitely quieter but dont fill up nearly as fast.

Hope this helps

-Mike
spiffy_vision

Next

Return to Pneumatic Launchers