clide's take on semi-auto (now with animation)

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered launchers here. This includes discussion about valves, ratios, compressors, and anything else relevant to launchers powered by compressed gas.

Postby OJHSPyro89 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:22 pm

On the valve on the back couldnt you use a sprinkler valve? Youd take the lil peice off that slides and stuff liek taht off. Connect the sprinkler valve so its like an exhaust valve and just tap a whole in the top of it or something so the air can still gett to it. Wouldnt it be a lil easier for shootin instead of pushing the slide back with your hand?
OJHSPyro89

Postby clide » Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:35 pm

It would work yes, but you are left with the problem of air still flowing in as you are trying to exhaust. I didn't want that, I guess I'm just picky, but this way I feel better knowing I am only exhausting what needs to be exhausted. Also a sprinkler valve would be bulky on a design of this size.
clide

Postby tippmann98custom » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:06 pm

wow i am speechless
tippmann98custom

Postby Dem0072 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:14 am

thx clide... schematics?:P
Dem0072

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby Arcanis » Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:10 pm

My god, that thing looks powerful!

I might as well add that you should go to http://www26.brinkster.com/zerotlnt/ (dangit, I can't get the HTML to work) and look under Research and Development. His valves work very well.
Arcanis

Postby monk » Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:41 pm

wow one of the best spudguns ive ever seen...nice work. one thing i dont get is how each individual round is loaded into the barrel. i see you have a mag and a sliding bolt (which i think cuts off the barrel from the magazine, while the round in the barel is being fired) but i dont get what makes the bolt slide. is it incorporated into the sliding trigger (which to me, would defeat the prupose because as you fire then gun, your opening access from the barrel to the mag again!)
monk

Postby clide » Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:54 pm

Thanks for that site link Arcanis. Thats really cool. His semi-auto valve is basically an inverse of a slide valve (the rod moves rather than the body). It is really impressive that he managed to make it without any special tools. The flow is not great, but it would probably work nicely for a fill/exhaust for a small piston gun.

Monk did you see the diagram for the bolt system? The burst of air slides the bolt forward and the spring resets it.

Thanks again for all the compliments.
clide

Postby monk » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:47 am

oh, i think i get the bolt now. that is damn clever, good work.
monk

Postby Freefall » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:42 am

I've held off viewing this thread for a while, but now, seeing the improved diagrams and video, I must say:

<font size +2><b>HOLY [EXCREMENT]!</b></font>

Nice work! I haven't read all four pages, so I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but I can think of a fairly simple way to make that beast full auto. Drop me an e-mail to discuss it further. You may also want to consider a little more development work and a patent.
Freefall

Postby tim jones » Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:27 pm

I finally got around to reading this thread, and am thoroughly impressed by your work!

Your photo of the piston and it's internal valve components shows that the valve seat has a hole drilled through it's side. Is this for a retention bolt? If so, why didn't you just glue it in? Also, how do you retain the the spring at the barrel end of the piston? I have a feeling that the answers to these two questions are related.
tim jones

PreviousNext

Return to Pneumatic Launchers