Odd O-Rings needed for pump action!

Post questions and info about safe and unsafe materials that can be or should not be used to construct a launcher. Also post things about different universal accessories for your cannon (breech loader, muzzle break, etc.)

Postby django » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:08 am

Guys,As some of you may know I tried for ages to get my 6mm Semi Auto to work for months but it just kept feeding too many bbs at once!:evil: . I have made this gun into a pump action 6mm but I need some od sized O-RINGS or similar? to make an airtight seal between the breech where the bbs drop in and the pump itself.

I need the OD of this O-RING to be about 12+1/2mm with the ID of the O-RING to be about 8mm but I cant find such a wierd size O-Ring here in Australia (so far).I am hoping to post pics up next week to show the gun and what I am trying to do its all metal,Brass+Aliminium construction.=
450mm Stainless Barrel(ID 6.1mm,OD about 9mm).
20mm Brass chamber 130mm long.
1/4"QEV VALVE.
1/8" SPOOL VALVE.
Vertical Drop Magazine.
Pump Action.
Pump is Aluminium tube 16mm OD,12+ 1/2mm ID.
The balls drop in from the vertical magazine(Brass T-Fitting) the pump slides forward pushing the bb from the T- fitting to a small tube at the front of the T fitting with the bottom cut out.it does this via a small brass pipe thats raised on 2 screws and attatched to the foremost rear of the pump when the pump slides forwards it has an opening in it too,when it all lines up the bb drops through the pump into the barrel,return pump to back position and fire another drops down from the mag.

Its hard to explain guys, I will have to get some grooves put in the stainless barrel to hold the O- Rings in place so when its pumped they dont slide out of place( one each side of the bb opening).Similar to when you guys make a piston with O-Rings,I just cant get the right size I need= any sugestions very appreciated...
django

Postby GalFisk » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:22 am

You can stretch an o-ring if the id is too small.
What do you mean by 12+1/2, is it just 12.5 or does it mean something else?
GalFisk

Postby django » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:58 am

Yeh sorry guys I mean like an O-Ring with an OD of 12.5mm and an ID of 8mm but all the O-Rings I see here are way out from fitting,the ID size is allways too big on say a 13mm one or so.

I thought I might have trouble sourcing up the exact size O-Rings for this gun as its a wierd size thats needed here:evil:
django

Postby SpudStuff » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:24 pm

McMaster part# 9452K172 is very close!
SpudStuff

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby cdheller » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:16 pm

a company called parker has a free o-ring program. calledinPHorm
http://www.parker.com/ead/cm2.asp?cmid=2973
pick o-rings from the download box click submit and you'll have a program on o-rings (design,sizes,in. and metric, materials ,specs ,presure,what size and finnish of groove(s) and a ton more.
more info than you'r likely to ever need or use.
hope this helps
cdheller

Postby django » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:05 pm

Wow,Thanks mate your a legend:D that parker mob have numerour stores here in Australia(one an hour from me!) I will try get what I need this week but still need to get someone to lathe cut the grooves for the o-rings for me.
django

Postby SkweezMyCheez » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:03 pm

why a sticky?
SkweezMyCheez

Postby django » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:10 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by SkweezMyCheez
[br]why a sticky?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> I have no idea mate?,perhaps because of the link provided to Parker West company that sells all the O-Rings etc??
django

Postby cdheller » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:21 pm

sorry trying to change to just the o-ring program
cdheller

Return to Construction Materials / Accessories