Barrel Support

Post questions and info about safe and unsafe materials that can be or should not be used to construct a launcher. Also post things about different universal accessories for your cannon (breech loader, muzzle break, etc.)

Postby Numbuh 16 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:49 pm

Dude.... the PVC shroud goes OVER the OUTSIDE area of the barrel, not INSIDE IT. I don't see how that would reduce air flow. =p
Numbuh 16

Postby Velocity » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:06 pm

Numbuh 16... its a coaxial.

I tried the screw technique. All was going well... until I tried to thread the screw into the barrel. It started off okay, but soon, the barrel warped due to the pressure. I tried to get the screw out, and it snapped.

So now I am left with 2 holes in my chamber, 2 holes in my barrel, and one really warped end of the barrel... I am going to have to either reconfigure the launcher or do some serious repairs on the gun if I want to get it to work again

DR: Thanks for the suggestion. If I ever get this in working order, that will definetly be an idea to try.
Velocity

Postby clide » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:18 pm

Why did you try to screw it into the barrel? As Freefall pointed out(and I echoed) they only have to touch the barrel to support it.

Although it won't look quite as pretty you can (carefully) cut off the chamber and make repairs to the barrel and then re-attach what you cut off with a coupler. I had to do this with my first coaxial, but for different reasons.
clide

Postby Suppresive Fire » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:40 am

Whenever I biuld a coaxial I always attach the barrel to the chamber using threaded adapters. Teflon provides a seal on the threads and if something bad happens like a warped barrel for example its easy to remove, repair, and clean.

DR- Could you use small PVC pipe to acomplish the same thing?
Suppresive Fire

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby M15 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:50 pm

I would just use a bushing as Bone-23 suggested, its even easier than screws and works fine.
M15

Previous

Return to Construction Materials / Accessories