flour power

Post questions and info about things you have launched or thought about launching. No posts about explosive projectiles!

Postby pbmann123 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:50 am

Exploding car i guess that is a "NO" then.:D

Oh, one moe thing, MOOO!
pbmann123

Postby flyingspuds2007 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:52 am

why hasn't a mod locked this yet?
Also, the flour would have to be used withought ANY kind of wadding/sabot/anything, since that is the only real way to disperse it withought impact killing someone.
flyingspuds2007

Postby exploding_car » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:43 pm

I know you didn't say my topic sucked thats completly illrelevent my explanation is for those how still dont get it
pbmann same for you what do you mean no

flyingspuds you make even less sense wadding isnt going to kill someone papertowel wadding and this hasn't been locked cause it isnt breaking any rules

LETS HAVE A FRESH START
LEAVE ALL THE "MAKING IT SAFE ISSUES" TO ME
SO DON'T COMENT ON THE SAFTEY OF THIS ILL WORK ON IT

QUESTION HOW DO I MAKE A FLOUR FILLED BOTTLE WITH CUTS IN IT SHOOT STRAIGHT?
HOW DO YOU MAKE THE FLOUR DISPERSE PROPERLY?
exploding_car

Postby pbmann123 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:15 pm

Question one: a boat tail, on the back side and have it fired backwards.

Question two: i dont believe there is a way to have flour disperse out of a projectile by its own momentum on impact. it would rather slam forward and kill something.
pbmann123

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby sharpshooter » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:02 pm

just wondering... has this ever been done before? You said in the beginning that the army did it, so where are any pics/schematics/diagrams of that? If your trying to make somthing like this army thing, then go make one of those.

just my $.02 worth... even a dixie cup or a plastic baggy full of flour would still go through some plywood. Its the flour thats deadly, not the casing/sabot/bottle/watever.

?2: there is now real way to disperse the flour. it will leave a spot on the ground, and maybe a cloud. Even if a person is covered with the cloud, everyone is going to argue wether or not it was a kill shot or not. also, flour can be just rubber off, unlike paintball paint or or the little bruise/cut left from an airsoft bb.
sharpshooter

Postby fullmetaljacket » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:14 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Also, the flour would have to be used withought ANY kind of wadding/sabot/anything, since that is the only real way to disperse it withought impact killing someone.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

... which would create the risk of a dust explosion and is therefore not recommended either ;)
fullmetaljacket

Postby flyingspuds2007 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:41 pm

hmm, never thought of that.
why not just use something like colored air? it would be a yellow/green color, and there would be no argument as to wheather it was a kill shot or not.
plus it is easily fired from a standard pneumatic, needs no elaborate dispersal system, and you can probably find it at the local welding store, just ask for liquified chlorine gass.:mrgreen:
flyingspuds2007

Postby pbmann123 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:06 pm

I hear flourine is prettier. oh and if you mix it with hydrogen it makes grape.
pbmann123

Postby sharpshooter » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:14 pm

i think with the chlorine he was goin for... like u would actually b dead... and couldnt argue about it.

on a differant note, what about paint grenades? They sell em for like $10 a piece. I think that would work much better than flour. They are ment to be thrown, and hit ppl every now and then. I would think, if shot morter style, they could be pretty safe.
sharpshooter

Postby Darth Tater » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:44 pm

i have barely read this topic... and from what i HAVE read, and seen in videos by VERY TRUSTED and VERY SMART spudders, i am 100% COMPLETELY AGAINST this stupid idea of a flour filled bottle.

from what i KNOW from personal experience, if you shoot an empty bottle at someone, even witht he slits in it to make it "compress" it will still do some pretty hefty damage.

now, by adding weight of flour to it, it's going to do way more damage.

your concept idea is to shoot it NEAR the person, and have them get covered in flour, HOWEVER, at those velocities, even the lowest possible velocity next to hand throwing the thing, you can still get some damage done to your bare skin from the flour spraying out.

and one more thing you NEED to take into account here, you cant be sure where the person will move.. what happens if someone moves directly in front of it while it's in transit, not knowing that it's coming at them, and you nail them in the head?

are you willing to murder your friends, and then go to jail for that?

as stated before me... the ONLY remotely safe way to launch a flour grenade is to shoot flour only, not flour inside of something, as this will be way too dangerous.

by shooting flour itself it will disperse into the air, and spread out, at the same time it will slow down considerably and coat the person in the stuff. however, you would need to be considerably closer to them to hit them with it.

so basically... good concept to start with, stupid idea overall.
Darth Tater

PreviousNext

Return to Ammo Discussions