Ask cops?

Discuss spud cannon legalities.

Postby Ian2accurate » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:27 pm

I have to do my science fair project dealing with spudguns and I got a form that says if I need a permit I have to have it for the project. I looked around before and I didn't see anything banning spudguns. Virginia is pretty much the most lax on gun laws, so it is likely that spudguns are the same way here. I hear alot about them, and there were two spudgunners at the science fair last year (including me, and the other guy was shooting baseballs with a 3" barrel and a 1" ball valve:D). I guess it would be good to ask but if they say that they are not allowed at all then I would be in trouble I guess...
Ian2accurate

Postby Navigator7 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:42 pm

It's is much easier and productive to beg forgiveness than to ask permission.

Who says yes these days?

Besides...if you paint it Red White and Blue, put a smiley face on it, and call it ....say......'Uncle Sam'....even the naysayers are gonna want to see it work.

<b>YOU</b>are obligated to make sure there is never an instant when the unit is ever out of your control.

I think it's easy enough.
Navigator7

Postby Ian2accurate » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:19 pm

Lol, yes I like how you put that. The only thing I'm worried about is that if I get to internationals, they will disqualify me for not having it. I'm pretty sure they would deeply check everything. It wasn't a problem last year at states though.

Although, my project is basically like painting it red, white and blue, and calling it "Uncle Sam". The project is ironically for an upgrade on some of some police equipment.
Ian2accurate

Return to Legal