talk about an over reaction

Discuss spud cannon legalities.

Postby ishallstabyouwithabluntsp » Wed May 31, 2006 11:30 am

He probably didn't do anything wrong but if someone phones the police about an armed person breaking the law (transporting a gun improperly- no case etc) they have to presume that they might use it; if the person had have been someone about to cause trouble and unarmed police had have turned up unable to deal with it there would have been uproar.
ishallstabyouwithabluntsp

Postby TurboSuper » Wed May 31, 2006 12:34 pm

Most BB guns are almost indistinguishable from real guns, especially from far away.

The only real solution is to know your neighbours, and be sure to tell them that you/ other member of your family owns a BB/Potato gun and there is no reason to be alarmed if you see that person carrying it around.

We live in a world where people are all paranoid of each other, especially since it seems as if anyone can be a terrorist these days. It's a sad truth.
TurboSuper

Postby DanielS » Wed May 31, 2006 4:51 pm

The way I envisioned it, the kid was walking around with no specific destination, waving a BB gun around in the air. If that was not what was going on, then I am wrong, he should be able to walk peacefully carrying a BB gun. Aetherguy: I love that quote.
DanielS

Postby sgort87 » Wed May 31, 2006 5:16 pm

You know, because of how it was titled I'm fairly sure he was carrying the spud gun around and not the BB gun. Otherwise it would have been called "Swoop on BB-Gun Boy".
sgort87

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby Mosif » Wed May 31, 2006 9:53 pm

Lay a Red Rider BB gun next to a winchester 30-30, and Ill bet money the average person cant tell which is a BB gun and which is a hunting rifle. I know because I have both, and members of my family didnt know the difference. They thought the 30-30 was a BB rifle.

On the main subject, the kid didnt do anything wrong. Maybe it wasnt smart, but nothing wrong. I guess it depends on where you live. If it was in the suburbs, then it wasnt the smartest thing to do.
Mosif

Postby saladtossser » Wed May 31, 2006 10:01 pm

isnt it a law to have a red tip on the barrel on a toy gun?
saladtossser

Postby SpudMonster » Wed May 31, 2006 10:06 pm

Yes, but how many people know that?
SpudMonster

Postby BewareOfDog » Wed May 31, 2006 10:48 pm

Overreaction? - Hardly:

<a href="http://www.chweston.co.uk/acatalog/Airgun_Laws.html">UK Airgun Laws</a>

He should consider himself very fortunate, that the local authorities only "cautioned (him) following the incident".

Seeing as how "The force helicopter was scrambled, , an armed unit was sent out, and the road closed off"...

His PARENTS should also consider themselves EXTREMELY fortunate, that no charges or fines were given.
BewareOfDog

Postby Navigator7 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:32 am

England and Australia's gun laws have been a bonanza for the bad guys.

I still think they should pass out loaded hand guns as you board an airliner.

I can hear the sexy blond stewardess making her way down the isle with a service cart coming towards me,
"Refreshment, peanuts, Glock? Would you like extra rounds for that Glock sir? Hollow point or teflon tipped? "
Navigator7

Postby SpudMonster » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:47 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Navigator7
[br]England and Australia's gun laws have been a bonanza for the bad guys.

I still think they should pass out loaded hand guns as you board an airliner.

I can hear the sexy blond stewardess making her way down the isle with a service cart coming towards me,
"Refreshment, peanuts, Glock? Would you like extra rounds for that Glock sir? Hollow point or teflon tipped? "
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Then what would stop the terrorists from simply buying out most of the seats on an airliner and taking marksmanship training?
SpudMonster

PreviousNext

Return to Legal