BBMG's

Discuss spud cannon legalities.

Postby TMM » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:59 pm

are they under the same laws, or lack thereof, as regular BB/pellet guns? i would assume so... and hope so!

also, where can i find laws (or again, lack thereof) on bbguns? hell, it's hard enough to find state-specific gunlaws on google...
[edit] i read the "Don't ask!" post on the top of this page, and i hope i'm not breaking that rule...[/edit]

thanks

~TMM
TMM

Postby clide » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:01 pm

The best way is to find the webpage for you state/city and have a look around to try and find the laws. Usually if they have a webpage then the laws are on there somewhere. Then find the section that defines weapons or firearms. If it doesn't fall under those descriptions then they should be fine.

I don't recall seeing any laws that limit the ROF on BB gun type weapons, so I would say there is a good chance they will fall under the same category of them.
clide

Postby brian foster » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:42 pm

I think Piper sells them everywhere so i don't see how they can be illegal. I know that where i live it is considered a firearm if it is faster than 700fps. When some of the crazy designs get made there may be some restrictions but i live in the country and i guarantee no one cares what i do. My friend that lives in the city blows stuff up in his back yard, which is very illegal, and he hasn't had a problem yet.
brian foster

Postby plasticex009 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:02 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I think Piper sells them everywhere so i don't see how they can be illegal.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

This isn't a good reason to believe they are legal. There are many products sold that when misused are illegal, for example: suphedrine, brass knuckle paperweights, and certain "tobacco" smoking devices.

If you are restricted from firing a pellet gun in your yard then it is probably also illegal to fire a BBMG and you should be ready to accept the consequences if the police show up at your door.

TMM, there are people in your community that would have information on the legality of such devices. You need to first find them and then ask your questions.
plasticex009

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby BillyBobJoe » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:40 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by plasticex009
[br][quote]certain "tobacco" smoking devices.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

LMAO[:p]:D[:p] tobacco, ya . . .ok[:p]
BillyBobJoe

Postby Rex_R » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:54 am

heh in about 2 minutes I can turn an empty soda can into a 'tobacco smoking device'. the how I'll leave to your imagination(cause I ain't saying).
Rex_R

Postby TMM » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:32 pm

thanks guys!
TMM

Postby yobaroba » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:14 pm

Don't take a bb gun and wave it out the window of your can on the freeway, NOT A GOOD IDEA.
yobaroba

Postby draculon » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:38 pm

there is a design page for "tobacco smoking devices" but i dont want anyone ruining their health, but if you can find the page on your own, itll give you a good laugh to see how stupid they are :p
draculon

Postby ishallstabyouwithabluntsp » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:25 pm

in the uk they could possably be classed as restricted firearms as they are potentially leathal(in wors possable situation- ie sustained fire to the eye) and fire more than one projectile per trigger pull
ishallstabyouwithabluntsp

Return to Legal