are they legal in minnisota

Discuss spud cannon legalities.

Postby grizzlybearjr » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:02 pm

i am geting ready to leave for college an i want to take them with me but i dont need a ticket of having them in the city limits:?:
grizzlybearjr

Postby plasticex009 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:15 pm

On most college campuses, spudguns are not allowed. Best bet would be to leave them behind.
plasticex009

Postby ps90000 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:43 am

They're legal in Minnesota, but you have to do it in the open. No cities, and I assume a college campus definetly wouldn't want you shooting a spudgun off. If you can find a lake though, you could use it there.
ps90000

Postby spudshot » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:24 am

i'd just keep it in either a box or the trunk of a car, and just take it to the nearest open area/mountain/lake to use it
spudshot

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby tatorassassinator » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:59 am

Where at in Minnesota? I live right by the west border of minnesota.

I dont think any colleges/schools allow any type of gun.
tatorassassinator

Postby Ian2accurate » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:13 am

Here in VA I think their just not allowed in anywhere public. That includes schools, athletic fields, parks, ect... So I would check about parks if thats where you planned to shoot them.
Ian2accurate

Postby aturner » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:35 pm

I've known people who were expelled from on-campus College dorms for having a BB gun. Not shooting it, but just having it in your room is usually enough to get kicked off campus. So don't even think about taking a spudgun unless you live off campus.

Furthermore, when I was in college, I also recall that the neighborhoods directly surrounding the university were under the jurisdiction of the university police, so they could patrol and make arrests even off of the actual campus. But I don't know if that type of arrangement exists at other universities.

Even if you can legally have a spudgun in an off-campus apartment, you'll probably be in city limits and thus unable to launch unless you get out to the countryside.

Finally, if you want to look up local laws, here's something I've posted previously......

<i>I think I found the best collection of state and local ordinances on the web. I'm no laywer, but this site appears to be very comprehensive:

http://www.municode.com/resources/online_codes.asp

I like how once I find my local government ordinances, I can simply search for terms such as "noise" "firearm" "potato", etc, ot find what I need. </i>
aturner

Return to Legal