Interpretation question

Discuss spud cannon legalities.

Postby rushman » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:35 am

No person, other than in defense of person or property, shall carry or discharge any species of air gun, air pistol or rifle in the Town of Amherst, Erie County, New York, nor shall any person carry or discharge a shotgun within seven hundred fifty (750) feet of a building, street, road or public highway in said town.

'air gun' could describe a potato cannon.

I will see about who to call and ask about the legality, the only projectiles I use are potatos.
rushman

Postby Drew Rowland » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:50 am

This doesn't mean that you can't own it, only that you can't shoot it within city limits. I think this is the situation for most people: you just have to take it somewhere else to shoot it.
Drew Rowland

Postby draculon » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:46 pm

A Western New York spudgunner? I though I was the only one. I'm not alone. :)
In Buffalo it's ilegal to shoot, bu you can own one.
draculon

Postby sonicst0rm » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:15 pm

the cops will probably think its cool if you do a demonstration. I have 3 of them and my old neighbors like to call the 'po when my 'noisy cricket' goes off..
sonicst0rm

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby Navigator7 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:13 pm

The law sounds fair...shooting anything in town is not a good thing and probably initiated the law.
Looks like you are in luck with a shot gun though. 750' of this ot that is still legal.
A potato cannon is an air gun and it seems pointless to test the law unless you are OJ or Michael J.

Sounds to me like all you must do is get away from Amherst. (And do it willingly)
Is that a big deal?
Navigator7

Postby draculon » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:57 pm

Well, it happened. Some dick of a neighbor called the cops on me while I was shooting my QEV gun. Apparently a complaint about a noisy compressor. Anyway, the cops came over asked me what I was doing. I showed them and they didn't confiscate it or anything. They just told me to take the compressor inside and watch were I was shooting just so I didn't hurt anybody. So, as long as you're being SAFE and SMART with your gun, you should be fine.
draculon

Postby Darkerweb12 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:38 pm

If you really cared about not getting in trouble with the fuzz, then you wouldnt have built the spudgun in the first place, right... but onto the neighbor dick thing, i agree draculon, my neighbors are dickheads too, the first thing they did when they moved in was build a wall of trees to separate us. and they even planted the first one on our property... the guy, he is like 500 years old, and he goes out and walks, and he wears sandals with knee-high BLACK socks, GAK!!!==coughs, then vomits on cat==
Darkerweb12

Return to Legal