Broom stick - oops

Tell stories about your spud cannon adventures!

Postby Jutte » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:45 am

The afternnon spud canonneering was coming to an end. My young son and I were using a sheet of corragated roofing iron to stop the spud shots out of my steel pneumatic spud canon - so lots of nice dents."Lets fire the broom out of it like an arrow"- sounded good.Wadding down the barrel - broom in - 40psi - fire! Dull poof and the broom slowly arcs out and hits the roofing iron.Lots of grins. Next shot the brisle head comes off - more laughter. At 60 psi the broomstick is now putting nice dents in the roofing iron. "Try 80 psi dad" comes the suggestion.More wadding - broom stick loaded - and canon sighted in at the roofing iron at 40 -50 metres away. Fire - KA-BOOOOM.The broom is a flipping blurr - the trajectory like a lazer - " OHH CRAPPPP !!!".The broom punches through the roofing iron and looks like it's going to go straight through the garage wall and end up who knows where....when it smacks into an old bike frame and finally stops.
"Ahh ..I think that does it for the day son"
"What do we say about the broom to mum dad?"
"How about we were cleaning the garage with the broom and......"
'She who must be obeyed' was NOT amused.
Jutte

Postby Los Frijoles » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:14 am

Haha...I did something like that once. I shot a sharpened dowel out of the gun at about 40psi and it arced perfectly and came to a rest stuck into the ground at a 45 degree angle 10 feet away from my mom.
Los Frijoles

Postby aetherguy881 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:26 pm

Do you hate your mom as much as Stewie?
aetherguy881

Postby Mosif » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:26 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Los Frijoles
[br]Haha...I did something like that once. I shot a sharpened dowel out of the gun at about 40psi and it arced perfectly and came to a rest stuck into the ground at a 45 degree angle 10 feet away from my mom.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Why were you shooting towards her anyways?
Mosif

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby Navigator7 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:28 pm

I shot about 4' of 2.5" PVC from my dual Supah.
The round was backed by a sabot.
The PVC streaks out faster than the eye can see.
About 200 yards out it starts turning hard.
It makes a cool pipe sound when turning and then all bets are off.
It can go anywhere after that.
We've seen it do loops, turn hard right or left.
Shooting into a wide open field took all the stress out of firing the shot.
Never had the round come back to us.......but predicting where the SOB is gonna go is impossible....so all the more reason not to fire it in confined areas.
Navigator7

Postby Los Frijoles » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:46 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Mosif
[br]]
Why were you shooting towards her anyways?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

<tt>
   m   *
_______
      |
      | s
</tt>

I am 's', the spear's landing position is '*' and my mom is 'm'. I could not see my mom when I was shooting. I seriously didn't know she was there.

She just laughed about it and said 'I thought that savages were attacking!' (she was not serioius, of course)
Los Frijoles

Postby pneumaticDEATH » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:17 am

this topic should be called

Broom Stick - amazing.

because i have never shot a broomstick that did damage that was not completely worth it.

broomsticks and other stick-type ammo is probably one of my favorites.
pneumaticDEATH

Return to Stories