First Time spud stories

Tell stories about your spud cannon adventures!

Postby fidgety » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:42 am

my first cannon was also like Rmich732 had said was from backyard ballistics i remember that day so well i had started shooting pingpong balls which got about 50 feet really really pathetic huh so i got inventive and made a "silver bullet" duct tape wrapped around a 1 long inch bolt man seeing that thing fly through the air was one of the greatest experiances of my life i was hooked big time after that i shot a variety of things i wont mention well just one, i shot a ton of airsoft bbs one time {i had a ping pong ball in back of them} it was awesome i completely destroyed a cardboard box amazing for my first gun
fidgety

Postby FLONE » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:54 pm

My first was an over/under design based on pics of pneumatics from the SGTC website. 4" x 11" chamber, 2 - 2" 90 elbows with a 46" long 1 1/2" barrel. The whole package is < 50" long which makes it very portable. Dual ignition, BBQ ignitor, denatured alcohol with a Static Guard chaser. So far everything that fits into the barrel disappears from sight. Out of sight is all right! And the flames at night are beautiful!
A point blank potato removed about 1/16" of wood from a wooden power pole. Smoother than sanding. At 20 yards spuds will pass through 3/8" plywood without fail. Spooky how much power is available.
FLONE

Postby mafia_mike » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:42 pm

yea i built my first cannon a couple months ago and i love the power of this thing ... yet its supposed to have a barrel thats 15 ft longer (do the math) .... its great watching small rocks go through at least 8 layers of cardboard like it went through tissue paper
mafia_mike

Previous

Return to Stories