weird ammo story

Tell stories about your spud cannon adventures!

Postby mafia_mike » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:17 pm

me and my friend were at walmart one day and we suddenly started loking around for things to shoot out of my potato gun and we were starting to head to the sporting goods section for BB's when we almost went by the lighting department ... we bought 2 of those long tube lightbulbs (arg i forget the name i think halogen lights? .... anyway) we went home and i put in 3 walmart bags for wadding and slid one in ... when it fired it flew out about 30-40 ft and landed ... when it landed, IT BOUNCED!! .. we stood there thinking "um, it's glass ... shouldnt it shatter into pieces when it lands??" but it stayed completely intact from a 20 ft fall .... so we shot it several more times until we shot it at a tree and that was some satisfying destruction
mafia_mike

Postby aetherguy881 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:48 pm

Those are known as fluorescent light bulbs. I'm about 96.2% sure that they don't make Halogens like that. A quick search after this will answer me.

Anyway I they happen to be fluorescent then you've just exposed mercury into your environment.

edit> Well tho only halogen tubes that I found were only 254mm in dia. And the Wally-World site doesn't even have halogen tubes...
aetherguy881

Postby crashtestdummy » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:28 pm

Nice, but one other kid had a story like this, but he was using fluorescent light bulbs, and everyone tooled on him because when you break one of those tubes, mercury dust goes everywhere and not only is it bad for the environment but it's hazardous to your health.

Anyways, what I was getting to is that it probably isn't a good idea to do this if they happen to be fluorescent.
crashtestdummy

Postby UnheardWhispers » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:46 pm

Maybe your lights just p00n?
UnheardWhispers

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby spuzi14 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:18 pm

Could you give us some specs on the light bulb so we know you're not gonna die?
spuzi14

Return to Stories