i shot a hole in my parents wall?

Tell stories about your spud cannon adventures!

Postby FLONE » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:46 am

I need a laugh today so here is my story. Survived a (seat of the pants science(there is a joke in that)) lesson in safe spudgun storage and handling a few months back. Before work I would fire off a light charge in one of my combustion guns, just to hear the bang and see the flames. One morning I grabbed the 1 1/4" rocketeer, put in a very small charge of OUST (nice flames), turned off the lights and bang. Felt the huge recoil and knew my day was headed downhill. When I turned on the lights I saw the hole in the 5/8" sheetrock ceiling and the 48" ramrod on the garage floor. Lucky me: didn't break the windows in my wife's car, she didn't hear the bang, the neighbors didn't hear it, not enough propellant to put the ramrod through the roof. So I get to borrow or buy a 10' or 12' stepladder to reach the ceiling to fix the hole. Got to get in the attic first to push the sheetrock piece back into the hole.
FLONE

Postby UnheardWhispers » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:43 pm

well, my opinion is that you got pwned.

Might want to try just redoing that part of the wall, maybe have to hire some guy to get it done. If your parents want you to pay for it, I doubt it would be too much, unless you caused more damage than you said, or you hit a water line or somethin
UnheardWhispers

Previous

Return to Stories