today was shopping day

Tell stories about your spud cannon adventures!

Postby clide » Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:38 pm

Yay, so today I decided to go shopping for a bunch of spudgun parts with my $75 gift certificate to Lowes and some of my Christmas money.

First I went to Ace to get some 4" pressure rated pipe. I bought a 10' section and broght it out to my car to cut it, the thing was hard to cut once I got most of the way through it, luckly a nice man stopped and helped me hold the end. Then I was off to the local sprinkler store to get some 1.5" sdr21, they were starting to get low and who knows if they would reorder the same kind of pipe so I went ahead and bought 60' of the stuff. Turns out that a 300zx isn't designed to hold alot of pipe so I was in the parkinglot for awhile getting it to fit in. I went home because I didn't want to try to fit more pipe from Lowes in there with all that stuff.

Finnally I got to lowes and loaded up a handbasket full of various fittings that I needed and went to get some 2" pipe. Well I got to the rack that looked like 2" pipe, but it all said 1" on the side. I looked at the rack above it and nope I wasn't crazy, there was a bunch of 2" sch40 marked as 1" sch40[:0]. I would have bought that but they marked out all the barcodes with black marker, so they would have rang it up as 2" by hand anyway :(.

It was dark by the time I got done, so I turned my headlight on and left. By the time I got out of all the street lights I realized that I couldn't see the road well. hmmmm. I pulled up behind a car at a stoplight and sure enough, no reflection of my headlights. I pulled of into a gas station and checked my fuses and tried anything I could think of to get them on but nothing. So I called my mom so I could just drive home behind her with my hazard lights on. I was messing with every electronic device in the car while I was waiting, hoping something would turn them on and nothing worked. My mom got there and I told her what I was going to do and went back to my car. Right when I sat down, before i touched anything the lights popped back on. So I think my car is trying to kill me because it doesn't like being a mule vehicle. The lights work fine now, but one day when I least expect it im sure my car will try and kill me again.

Anyway... not that anyone cares, I just thought it was an intresting day.
overall i bought 90' of pvc, 33 fittings, and a giant container of pvc glue. :D and only spent about $40 out of my pocket and used up my $75 gift certificate.
clide

Postby PCGUY » Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:25 pm

Wow, interesting day. I am very supprised someone is nice enough out there to help ya hold the pipe. can I have some of that SDR21 [:p]
PCGUY
Site Admin

Postby pacogoatboy » Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:56 pm

That sounds like a craptacular day of shopping to me man. Why did you buy so much pipe though? Are you making launchers for friends or something?

My cars are both trying to kill me as well. One is being subtle, by driving me insane. When I open the door, the dome light shorts out the radio, resetting all the channels and the time. How did it know that this is one of the single most annoying things it could possibly do, short of catching fire habitually? The other car simply quits working unpredictably. I'll be driving along at 65 mph and it just turns itself off. Or I'll go out to start it in the morning and it just turns over and over. I've had to push it into the parking lot at work twice when it quit running 1/2 a block away. The weirdest part is that if I wait 8 minutes and try again, it runs rough for a second and then purrs like a kitten. Doesn't matter if it's hot or cold (the car or the weather) or if it's raining or snowing or sunny. It wants me to die.
pacogoatboy

Postby clide » Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:56 am

well the 4" is for a massive chamber (I am using all of it)

the sdr21 and 2" is for my 200" barrel and I may try adding another section to make it 300" if I can get the 200" to work well. the rest of it is for some guns I'm going to try and sell and like I said that is the only place that I can get the stuff and its not a place that I can count on for buying the same kind of pipe again so that would leave me with nothing to shoot golfballs, my favorite projectile.

the fittings are almost all for various things for my launchers.

oh ya another time my car has tried to kill me is comming off the highway. nothing like your car dying right as the exit ramp starts to turn and loosing power steering all of the sudden.
clide

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby boogieman » Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:39 am

evil cars!

that sounds like a fun day shopping! Did the employees give you any strange looks after you were there for so long?;)
=========================================================================
"hey kids guess where we're going! Its the most magical place on earth!"
"yay disneyland!!!"
"no way, MCMASTER CARR WAREHOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"[:p]
boogieman

Postby Spudinator » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:05 pm

McMasterCarr warehouse would be the absolutely best place to go shopping, you'd probably end up taking a propane heater off a shelf and staying the night, so you could get up extra early to go shopping again;)
Spudinator

Postby clide » Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:27 pm

heh, ive found if you never look at the employees then they don't bug you (works for me atleast)

oooohhhh shopping spree in McMaster Carr warehouse *drool* I could spend days in there.
clide

Return to Stories