strafer accident

Tell stories about your spud cannon adventures!

Postby luckythirteen13 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:49 pm

so i was in my backyard today shooting my strafer when my friend marcel and a friend of his i dont know came over. hes not the sharpest tool in the shed but when he asked to try it, wanting to show off what i made, i let him. we shot oranges off of trees, and all kinds of good stuff. when he started shooting this at random, i began to here the BBs bouncing back and hitting things behind us. i didnt think much of it when i hear AAAARRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHH!!! come from marcels friend. one of the BBs nailed him right in the ear. his ear looked as red as this -->:evil: the moral of the story is, dont let people who are dumber that f*ck shoot your strafer or even worse, tell them how to make their own.
luckythirteen13

Postby spud lover » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:47 pm

If they are so dumb they shouldn't be able to make their own. Never let that friend touch your stuff again. (Note to self about certain friend)
spud lover

Postby PCGUY » Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:21 pm

Is he OK?
PCGUY
Site Admin

Postby Freefall » Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:53 pm

While a stinging shot to the ear may not be life-threatening or debilitating, things could have been different had he been hit in the eye. I'm usually not one to preach safeguards over common sense, but in this case, I suppose those areas come together. Next time you're shooting your strafer, I'd suggest you wear safety goggles. They're cheap protection against a very real (and preventable) threat.
Freefall

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby boogieman » Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:48 pm

you know how it feels if a bb richochets? Now imagine 100 of those every second... Hurts like hell. I richocheted myself quite nicely the first time i tested mine out. Now i stand at an angle and wear safety glasses.:D
boogieman

Postby luckythirteen13 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:05 am

i was smart enough to have glasses on but the other two are another story. yes boogie i do know what it feels like to get hit with a richochet. the first time i tested this gun it was dark. i began shoot and the next thing i knew, i was pelted by about 50 BBs on my shins. after 12 years of soccer my legs are pritty wethered so it didnt hurt too bad. i just walked it off. on the plus side of having f*cked up legs, i can stand in snow wearing shorts and stand in the desert wearing pants. yeh me.
luckythirteen13

Postby Sardaukar » Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:55 pm

and you get arthritis at 40, yeh!(well, for the snow part)
Sardaukar

Postby luckythirteen13 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:18 pm

dont start with me sardaukar. you sound like my mom. every time i say my knees are bothering me she says " maybe its arthritis settling in" thats when i tell her to shut up. i hate when she says that
luckythirteen13

Postby Bartman007 » Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:16 am

bah, knees are the bane of soccer players. My knees killed my soccer career :(

I know many many people whose knees died and killed their socce playing.
Bartman007

Postby luckythirteen13 » Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:17 am

actualy bartman my knees held up fine for all 12 years. what killed my soccer carear was a broken ankle when i was in the 8th grade (about 9 or 10 years after i started playing) i was playing a two hand touch version of rugby at school for P.E. dont know how it happen exactly, one minute i was standing up with the ball, the next minute i was on the ground with the inside of the left foot pointing straight down. so in other words my food bend 90* out not in like some people can do. i remember grabbing my lifeless foot and pulling back in and into place. my mom said my ankle swelled to the size of a tennis ball ( hummmm, swollen ankle as ammo) i broke my growth plate all the way through and the bone in the back of your leg in two places. the piece of bone between the two break points, tipped back and rotated 180*. its still in there backwards to this day but at least it works. the doctors said i may never walk again, but 3 months later i was able to take my first step then fall flat on my face. it was an improvement. i played soccer for a few more years before my ankle finaly made me quit. its only now that i have problems with my knees
luckythirteen13

Next

Return to Stories