Ace Hardware, Today

Tell stories about your spud cannon adventures!

Postby wobbled76 » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:55 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by EvilEyeMonkey
[br]A littly off topic but the closest i do to steeling pvc is putting all the bushings inside the other parts. Works all the time with people. But i would go any further than that. Goes to show how people really need to "pay attention"

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Heck ya, I always do that. I usually pull it off by screwing the threaded endcap into the female adapter, then ramming a reducing bushing into the unthreaded side of the adapter. Sometimes they notice that all of the stuff needs to be rang up, but the clerk usually gives up after he/she can't get the parts apart by using just their hands.
wobbled76

Postby gotcha » Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:11 am

a little of the topic but when my friend and I whent in to ACE to by the components for our first gun they aske us if we where making a bomb. Duu if we where do they think we would tell them yea and im also going to buy som plutonium. we dint anser and got all we needed and payed and walked out.
gotcha

Postby MadPiper » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:48 am

I hate it when the people there jump on you the second you get in there like they are going to shoot you if you dont say what you want. Then once you get what you want than they grab the part from you and take it to the cash register expecting you are done shopping. Yeesh I like help but I dont need some one being a smartass and breathing all down my neck.
MadPiper

Postby ratsniff » Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:01 am

Today I went to super cheap and I couldnt find the ignition coils so I asked some girl and she asked "rabbit boy" who then showed me were they were, and he was like
"Ahh, do ya tink dis will be right?" and I said,
"Doesnt matter buddy, it's not for a car"
"What den?"
"A spud gun"
"Man, theyre [intercourse]in unreal!"
ratsniff

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby Dextromethorphan » Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:14 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by wobbled76
I usually pull it off by screwing the threaded endcap into the female adapter, then ramming a reducing bushing into the unthreaded side of the adapter. Sometimes they notice that all of the stuff needs to be rang up, but the clerk usually gives up after he/she can't get the parts apart by using just their hands.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
That's so easy, just peel off the upc sticker off all but one and make sure a teenage girl rings it up. They never care.
Dextromethorphan

Postby Ratt » Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:03 pm

Man, are supply places ae high-tech. Our parts are screen printed with the UPC. Every now and then there is one missing and Ill grab that but its very rare.
Ratt

Postby clide » Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:49 pm

Same with mine too, and the cashiers are smart. When I leave pieces together (not trying to scam them, just makes it easier to carry) they just turn whatever parts that I have stuck together around until they get all the barcodes, they don't even try to pull them appart.
clide

Postby Sardaukar » Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:19 pm

In here, the cleanout cap comes with the cleanout adapter, so there's no barcode on it. If I want to use a female adapter, I would also have to buy the cap, which has an impossible-to-remove-without-a-mess barcode. So I put the cap from the cleanout in the female adapter and, voilà. Only once the cashier got suspicious and called the plumbing dept guy, and he said it was ok. hehe
Sardaukar

Postby Dextromethorphan » Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:24 pm

Just a question for you guys who scam like that, how do you get the pieces back apart to weld together?
Dextromethorphan

Postby Sardaukar » Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:55 pm

With a hammer i guess.
Sardaukar

PreviousNext

Return to Stories