Capacitors + Driving = Bad

Tell stories about your spud cannon adventures!

Postby Bartman007 » Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:25 pm

waaaay before your time, this guy talked about firing at schools, school busses, cars, people. You name any one of the forum rules and he probably broke it.
Bartman007

Postby Freefall » Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:29 pm

Jon03 (aka Porchefan) was the original resident assclown. As for the voltage and current, I used to (very foolishly) play around with high voltage at extremely low current (I made sure it never went above 0.02 amps), in the range of 50-60 thousand volts, holding the transformer in one hand and a clear light bulb in the other (the filament would light up like a plasma globe).

The 10mA listed on the neon transformer is what it puts out when sending power through the resistance of a neon tube. When the power is routed through a nice moist human body, that same voltage is capable of pushing a much higher current.
Freefall

Postby Pyro107 » Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:30 pm

grrrr jon03 that guy was scary wutever happened to him,, is he still her, he might have come back to the new forum i dunno
but one last question
"
Whats the function of a T fitting"
lol
Pyro107

Postby Bartman007 » Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:52 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Pyro107
[br]
Whats the function of a T fitting
lol
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I shall answer your question with another question. What is the function of a T intersection?
Answer my question and you will have answered yours.

Peace,
-Bartman007
Bartman007

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby Chriszuma » Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:36 pm

getting back to the topic of capacitors, i was taking apart a camera, received a nasty shock and immediately thought of how i could use this to hurt others. basically, i wrapped everything but the electrodes in electrical tape so ican hold it, and shock unsuspecting passersby.
:twisted:
if you do it just right, the flash will go off too, making for a cool effect. FLASH ~BZZZRT~ usually scares 'em shiitless
Chriszuma

Postby Bartman007 » Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:30 am

dude, not cool. that is assault (maybe battery too) nds will get you arrested. Besides, why the hell do you feel the urge to hurt people. Please get counselling. I relize that I am walking a thin line while saying this, but it's one thing if you do it to a good friend, especially if you have some type of friendly rivalry, but it's f*cked up to just shock random people with a charged capacitor from a disposable camera.
Consider this a warning, if posts like this continue you will no longer be welcome of these forums.

Peace,
-Bartman007
Bartman007

Postby alphanathan » Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:47 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Aaron
[br]If you work on old vehicles then you know there's a Cap in the ignition system somewhere. That joke of charge the cap up and do the "Hey Bob, catch!" has been around since the 60s when my friend's father was in auto class!

Also, when dissassembling a microwave take the cardboard signs seriously! A 5,200 Cap is not a happy experience! :x
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I wouldn't toy with anything in the microwave oven. The transformer is something like 2000v, and 500 to 1000 watts. Besides a shock, a malfunction could make it EXPLODE. God knows what the magnetron would do if operated outside the case. Also, the voltage is rectified to DC, very dangerous.
But the transformers may work well for electrostatic speakers, used at SPEAKER voltages.
alphanathan

Previous

Return to Stories