Hope this wasn't any of you guys

Tell stories about your spud cannon adventures!

Postby Sardaukar » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:31 pm

The kid should get sued by the parents of the kids in the schoolbus and beaten by their older brothers.

Funny, this reminds me of a story Latke told(think it was on the old forum) about a kid who shot the schoolbus with a bb gun and ended up a total rejected looser.
Sardaukar

Postby BC Pneumatics » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:05 pm

He hit the shcool bus, why not just let the bus hit him?
Problem solved.
BC Pneumatics

Postby wobbled76 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:24 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by BC Pneumatics
[br]He hit the shcool bus, why not just let the bus hit him?
Problem solved.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I second that.
wobbled76

Postby clide » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:00 pm

Follow ups:
http://www.recordonline.com/archive/200 ... /brf69.htm
Spud-gun shooter can return to school

The teen who fired a frozen egg through a potato launcher last June and had been suspended since September can return to Valley Central High School, a federal judge ordered yesterday. U.S. District Judge William Conner ordered a preliminary injunction, allowing the 17-year-old to return to school today rather than wait until the end of the month when his suspension was scheduled to end. While the injunction does not represent a final ruling on the case, Judge Conner said "there is a likelihood" that at the upcoming trial the court would determine that the student's right to due process was violated. The spud gun shooting occurred off school property, the student was not aware that a bus was driving by when he fired the shot and the district's written code of conduct does not address off-campus activities.
The district has not decided whether to continue with the case or begin settlement talks, said Superintendent Richard Hooley.

http://www.midhudsonnews.com/News/potat ... 1Jan05.htm
High school student may return to school after potato gun incident

A Valley Central High School student, who admitted to shooting a frozen egg from a potato gun, striking a school bus, cannot be punished by the school district since the incident occurred off school grounds, a federal district court judge ruled yesterday.

Civil rights attorney Michael Sussman represented the boy, arguing before the court that the school district was punishing the student for an incident that did not occur on school grounds. The school district said since the boy struck the school bus, it should be a school matter.

The court disagreed and said the criminal justice system was handling the matter, said Sussman. The court ordered the boy’s immediate reinstatement to the school.

Sussman said the student will be sentenced in Montgomery Town Court to a period of community service as a result of the incident.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder how he "was not aware that a bus was driving by when he fired the shot" but it still went through one window and out the other. I wonder why he was pointed at the road in the first place.
clide

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby BC Pneumatics » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:06 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by clide
[br]I wonder why he was pointed at the road in the first place.

Well, it seems pretty obvious that he isn't the brightest candle in the menorah. To me at least....
BC Pneumatics

Postby TaterNater » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:52 am

I am heavily in favor of throwing him into a cage with a burly mountain man named "Big Ben" whos closest experience with a woman in 50 years has been a dead porcupine he found one day. After that, give him about....a foot of mountain man justice, and ask him politely if he will ever do something that [intercourse]ing stupid and irresponsible again.

Thanks for reading my completely worthless post,
TaterNater:o
TaterNater

Postby BC Pneumatics » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:38 am

See what happens when you give other people your pills DR?!?!
:p
BC Pneumatics

Postby exploration » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:56 pm

what kind of an idiot a) does some thing so stupid and then b) he want to not get punished by the school. I think he sould be locked up and why did he have to Descries spudguning in the process.
exploration

Postby plasticex009 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:23 am

I think what many people missed was that the kid didn't fire the egg through the school bus intentionaly. The first article doesn't present this fact, but the second article does. Because this action wasn't intentional, I believe the kid shouldn't be suspended from school. It sounds like this was a bad accident with a misinformed (or antispudgun) columnist writing the first article.
plasticex009

Postby BC Pneumatics » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:44 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
It sounds like this was a bad accident with a misinformed (or antispudgun) columnist writing the first article.
That is often times the case:evil:
BC Pneumatics

PreviousNext

Return to Stories