Scary people scare me...

Tell stories about your spud cannon adventures!

Postby spiffy_vision » Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:53 pm

Yeah so like me and like my freind were like shooting the cannon (the freakin' huge one, only PCGUY and me knows what it looks like). Anyway we were shooting the gun behind this guys house (it wasnt his property). Well about after about 5 minutes of shooting, while I was pumping the gun I looked over at his house and behind the screen of his door he just stared at us... I told my freind and he didnt hear me the first time because I was whispering (so the scary figure wouldnt hear me) it to him so I had to repeat myself like 3 times. When he heard me he looked at him for like 10 seconds which seemed like too long. I stopped pumping and would talk out loud about safety to my freind so the guy would hear me. I would say things like "Now dont point it towards the house" and "This isnt classified as a weapon, you know!" and all this other stupid stuff that my freind already knew. After about 10 minutes he was still standing there and I saw that he was talking on the phone. I could only guess who he was calling cause I heard a few things because he was talking while looking at us like "big white gun" and "firearm". So I shot the projectile and I left (really really quickly)...

DA END
spiffy_vision

Postby beaverbuddy » Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:26 pm

You trying to the spudguns banned?!!?!?!!?[:p] That sucks, as a general rule only shoot where you have permission. A lot of people are real dicks even when you are minding your own business.
beaverbuddy

Postby Bartman007 » Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:15 am

Yeah spiffy, really, don't shoot it around other peoples' houses, that isn't smart at all. It would have been much better when you noticed him to either:
a) Gathered your stuff and gone away.
-or-
b) (This one requires some big brass dangly things...) You set the gun down on the ground and go apologize to him for disturbing him. Explain that what you are using is legal and since it uses airpower it is not a firearm. Tell him that you will not do it near there again.
<i>Note: option b is quite iffy, before you do this go and make damn sure that spud guns are legal in your state, county, and city.</i>

To summarize please find a better place to fire it, and if this happens again don't let that "oh sh*t" reflex take over where you start reciting "this is not a firearm" in a loud voice. Just walk away.

Peace,
-Bartman007
Bartman007

Postby PCGUY » Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:02 am

I think I remember what it looks like...
For some reason, pears and that gun come into mind...
why not post a pic of it spiffy?
PCGUY
Site Admin

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby FoxxLord » Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:26 am

You were shooting a "freekin huge" spudgun almost within whispering distance of some strangers back door? [:0]

-Foxx
FoxxLord

Postby spiffy_vision » Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:52 pm

"You trying to the spudguns banned?!!?!?!!?"

Whats that mean?

And when I said freakin' huge I dont mean like a 10 foot gun, its more shaped like a bazooka (I was exagerating) and is probably almost the same size as one. Heres a picture of it http://www.geocities.com/spiffy_vision/mygun.JPG
spiffy_vision

Postby PCGUY » Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:34 pm

Oh yeah, I remember that one now. It used to be on my "Pictures" page, but then airpower took over everything with pictures, so I got rid of the section.
PCGUY
Site Admin

Postby Chriszuma » Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:10 pm

uh, spiffy, i think you need to renew your Yahoo membership. The page isnt there
BTW, even if its not on his property, people generally have negative reactions when they see projectiles being fired 50 feet from their house
Chriszuma

Postby Bartman007 » Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:45 am

chriszuma, you have to copy and paste the link. Geocities does not allow off-site linking to pictures.

Peace,
-Bartman007
Bartman007

Return to Stories