Finding state laws

Discuss spud cannon legalities.

Postby Sardaukar » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:57 pm

Well, it's not exactly a loop hole, it's intended in the law to let people shoot whatever they want as long as it's safe, which is a very good way to make laws. They could've just said "you can't shoot anything anywhere within city limits".
Sardaukar

Postby aturner » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:25 am

I'm no lawyer, but it seems like spudguns and anything else that flings objects falls under the definition you found. But the real key is this part: "....in any place where any person or property is apt to be struck or in any way injured thereby".

That is a really nicely written ordinance. You are lucky. I wish my town had something like that on the books. Projectile launching activities are completely banned where I live.
aturner

Postby tater eating hungry hobo » Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:36 pm

I am new here. I should call my local city hall or what not and ask questions about me being able to shot my tater gun when i am done building it? I dunno much yet. Could ya' all help me out?

smiles and hugs,
tater eating hobo

PS
I went to the municode link above and i checked my states law thingy and it said this: Municipal Code Corporation Does Not Currently Host Codes for any Municipalities in this State. What does it mean?
tater eating hungry hobo

Postby OJHSPyro89 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:43 pm

means they dont host the codes or anything in your city.

Ive shot my cannon when there was a cop on the road, he just kinda went by he saw me but it didnt bother him. Just dont shoot much in a very urban place or a very small place. Go out in the middle of nowhere.
OJHSPyro89

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby blaser » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:30 pm

i was talking to an employee at homedepot and he said in massachusttes there is zero tolerence for it you go to prision for two years no questions asked it sounded like he knew what he was talking about. he also told me to use blck stee lif i wanted it to shoot over a mile. He also mentioned the patriot act. This wouldnt surprise if this was illegal because massachuttes ruins all stuff that fun
blaser

Postby cdheller » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:27 am

the batf sends a printed version of this book out every year to ffl holders.
you can probably request a copy.
http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/state ... /index.htm
it covers all the states, teritorys,districts and commonwealths along with lot of the local Ordinances
cdheller

Previous

Return to Legal