Spud Wiki!

Talk about what ever......keep the political bantering in the "Politics" section.

Postby PCGUY » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:36 pm

All right I got tired of waiting, so here we go.

http://www.spudfiles.com/spud_wiki/index.php/Main_Page

This has just sorta been thrown online so no comments about the looks or missing logo [:p]. If you have used a Wiki before, GREAT please help build this thing!

If you haven't, then you need to know what a Wiki is. Think if a Wiki as a wall, and you have spraypaint. Only your not putting your gang symbol, your putting info for everyone to see. If someone comes up with something better, or thinks your doings need some changing, then they can. Anyone can get on and fix something.

Use the Help on the left side of the window if you need some help. I put in a bit of stuff to get started. If you have some good Wiki experience, edit the page and add what you know!

Please don't put anything stupid up or i'll be forced to make everyone subscribe and verify emails to edit anything.

If you want an example of how powerful a Wiki can become, check <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page">THIS</a>out.
PCGUY
Site Admin

Postby benstern » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:01 pm

ya... you forgot this:
http://www.spudfiles.com/spud_wiki/inde ... ction=edit

by the way there is already one here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spud_gun
benstern

Postby PCGUY » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:14 pm

Any links that are red need info about them (when you click it you get a page where you can put what you think needs to be there :)), and yes there is that spudgun entry but that is just a dictionary not a spudgun handbook ;).

Tons of people have been bugging me for this Wiki for months i'm suprised there aren't more replies.
PCGUY
Site Admin

Postby GalFisk » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:47 am

Great! I've used a wiki before, so I'll help build this thing.
Article on camera flash has been spraypainted on the wall :p
Edit: you should probably mention the wiki on the spudfiles front page.
Where is the best place to ask stuff about the wiki? I've posted a couple of questions on the talk page for the wiki front page but if there's another preferred place I'd like to know.
GalFisk

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby PCGUY » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:07 am

The talk page will be fine. For any real basic wiki stuff (mostelly for people that haven't used it before), post here if you need help on figuring out something.

I'm going to post it on the front page of SpudFiles before I leave networking.

BTW the front page is open for editing still, I decided to let it shape up then once it seems "down pat" i'll protect it (prevent it from being edited).
PCGUY
Site Admin

Postby SpudMonster » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:46 pm

I shot some content in there the other day. (Wadding, some new barrel sizes ETC.)
SpudMonster

Postby GalFisk » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:14 am

Good, if anyone has anything to add, just go ahead and do it. Adding information is more important than always correct spelling, formatting etc, if you do any of that wrong someone (or you yourself) can come by and fix it later.
GalFisk

Postby Ian2accurate » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:28 pm

I hope u guys don't mind, I saw a few errors and so I fixed them. So we can just add anything we want then? Ya, and are we alowed to say any brands or anything like "watermaster" or "orbit" or anything? BTW, I'm sometimes crappy at writing so if there are any grammatical errors or something sounds weird its very possibly my fault:D.
Ian2accurate

Postby Drew Rowland » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:24 pm

Information yearns to be free. Go ahead and refrence to brand names (link to the site if it's usefull with the [site.url Site Name] tag.
Drew Rowland

Postby GalFisk » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:03 am

If you see something that's wrong, it's always okay to fix it. If you see something you think might be wrong but aren't really sure, or have other questions on a specific article, you can post a question on the talk page for that article.
GalFisk

Next

Return to General Discussion