ky meet, barrel specs, compare and prepare

IPLA related stuff. Online spudchucker competition.....etc.,etc.,etc.

Postby SMOMW » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:56 pm

Ok, If you don't know what i'm talking about when I say KY meet, then refer to this topic: http://localhost/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12223

If you are unable to go to that meet then please don't post here, don't post useless crap, I will come in and delete it.

This thread is designed to give the members who are planning on attending The ky mideast spud meet sponsored by me the ability to plan and prepare for shooting.

We hope to be able to swap barrels on everyones guns. The wonderful thing about pvc is that it's threading is UNIVERSAL! By posting the barrel attachment sizes we can all then build the appropriate reducers/threadings to coincide and be able to swap.

All of my cannons use 2" threaded fittings to attach the barrel to chamber, The Female thread is on the chamber end.
-except for the bone dragon, it uses a 1.5" thread which is attached to the 2" cam lock fitting.

Please, keep the replys to this post concise as possible, don't post cannon specs, if you would like you can post barrel sizes and specs (bore and length)

2" by 3'
1.5" by 10'
1" by 10'
2" (sch 40 sleeved golf ball barrel) by 2.5'
1.5" by 3'
2.5" by 4'
3" by 4'
4" by 4'
2" dual barrel (2" tee with 2 barrels coming from that) by 4'
1" by 4' (w/ 1.5" threaded coupler and 2" cam lock)

If i think of any more i'll edit, that's all I can think of off the top of my head.
SMOMW

Postby utcpyro » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:05 am

My barrels I'm bringing:

Using 2" male on barrel (4-valved cannon, middle child):
2" by 8'
2.5" by 5' (tennis ball)

Using 1.5" unions, male side (sniper, combustion, hybrid):
1.5" rifled by 5'
1.5" SDR-21 by 5' +hopup (golfball, requires 3' sleave with a bell on one end).
1.5" smooth by 4'
Pending:
Paintball by 7-8' (still using the 1.5" union)
utcpyro

Postby sgort87 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:23 am

I use 2" female threads on all BFII barrels. (Barrels are set on the ground more often than the launchers and get kicked around more. Female threads protect from dirt/rocks/etc.)

I have some 1.25 female barrels.

The Effin launcher uses either 4" female barrels or 3" male.

The Big Guy uses 1.5" female barrels.

Be warned that cam-locs will be added to my Blue Flame barrels. Though, I think I will just make new barrels for the BFII. It isnt expensive to do so.

I will make a few male to male and female to female connectors of mainly 2" but I will make a 1.5" set, a few crossover sets and others if you guys want.
sgort87

Postby SMOMW » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:55 pm

One thing we'll need to remember is that these conversion fittings we'll make will add dead space to the chamber, thus making it necessary to tweak our propane output (probably)...

Sgort, can you post the actual BARRELs that you have and not the guns?
SMOMW

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby utcpyro » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:14 pm

You coud just add a birst disk, and then add an extra ritch mix in the dead area. Should provide a nice muzzle blast when the projectile leaves.
utcpyro

Return to Competiton / IPLA / Spudmeet