talk about an over reaction

Discuss spud cannon legalities.

Postby Biopyro » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:45 am

Most people would be pretty worried if they saw someone carrying around what looked like a bazooka, especially if they heard and saw it fire, and it was painted. Even if he didn't fire it, he probably deserved to be caught if he was carrying i around uncovered, however its hard to tell since the report is lacking detail.
Biopyro

Postby Kenny_McCormic » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:06 am

mosif a red ryder has a smaller stock probly a shorter barrel and has the red ryder logo wodburned in it i think i would say the one that says red ryder on it is the red ryder
Kenny_McCormic

Postby TakerLabs » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:13 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Navigator7
[br]Still...what's wrong with carrying a BB gun or a 30-30 ,in public?
I don't get it.

Sound like England...and that explains a lot...but if it was the states.....BFD.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Were shooting at the same target today Nav.;)
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
England and Australia's gun laws have been a bonanza for the bad guys.
I still think they should pass out loaded hand guns as you board an airliner.
I can hear the sexy blond stewardess making her way down the isle with a service cart coming towards me,
"Refreshment, peanuts, Glock? Would you like extra rounds for that Glock sir? Hollow point or teflon tipped? "<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
And your driving tacks as far as I can see.
GUNS! IN PUBLIC!! OMG, What is the world coming too. The end is near, I can feel it,GUNS!!! [:0]
They want our guns, they want us to give them our guns.

Why you WILL give up your guns

1. You are more afraid of the IRS or FBI kicking in your door than you are of a crack cocaine dealer.

2. You are more afraid of Federal prison than you are of foreign (or federal) paratroopers.

3. You are more afraid of thousands of dollars in legal fees to defend yourself from federal prosecution than you are of someone raping your wife.

4. You are more afraid of being labeled a radical than of having your house broken into.

5. You are more afraid of disobeying your Federal masters than of enforcing your rights under the Bill of Rights.

6. You are more afraid to fight for those things you know to be right than were the patriots who founded this country.

7. You are more afraid of federal swat teams than of defending your home and children against intrusion.

8. You are more afraid of men than you are of God.

9. You are just afraid!
GUNS!!!

:twisted:

If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.
Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Guns,I just love them.:)
TakerLabs

Postby TurboSuper » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:41 pm

Too bad it isn't as clear-cut as that.

People have had their own guns used against them, had little kids get into them where they weren't supposed to, etc.

If you shoot the guy invading your house you now get to serve 25-life in prison for 2nd degree murder. Unless he actually shot at you first with the intention to kill and missed.

On the other hand, many robbers would be scared away just seeing you point a shotgun at them, and every man should have a right to defend his property.

This is why its always been a controversial issue. Accidents happen.

My solution? Air-Tazers! Gives you all the incapacitating power of a gun, decent range for domestic use, and in most cases it won't cause any permanent damage to the victim, so you won't get pinned with a lawsuit.
TurboSuper

Sponsored

Sponsor

Postby ellsinc » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:47 pm

TakerLabs, have you ever heard of insurance???
I would be more scared of social suicide than to have some stolen
money or goods returned to me in a few days.

And why would we be scared of a cocaine dealer? A dealer would not want to harm me for no reason! Unless i had stolen from him etc.

DONT try to steriotype those who fear something that was made to kill or you can ovbiously be steriotyped yourself as a right winged red neck who is actually secretly afraid of all these things you have steriotyped us as being afraid of. Why else would you carry a gun on you? A fashion accesory?
Why should i fear god more than some phsyco like you who bears a gun?!?!

And saying that pencils cause misspelled words is like sayin guns cause crime is ovbioudly just you talking out of your ass again because guns were meant to cause 'misspelt words'!!!
Now just go play in the road u dumb ass redneck.
ellsinc

Postby draculon » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:53 am

Nice way to drag up a comatose topic with your unrelated views, jackass.
draculon

Postby TakerLabs » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:00 pm

Dear Elliot
You Sir, Do not know what you are talking about.
Blame the machine that does what its told instead of the man that tells it what to do. Typical UK brainwashing in motion.
Your maturity level is reflected by your childish name calling.
Mr. Sinclair you no doubt belive the things that your parents tells you and they no doubt belive the things that Mr. Blair tells them. But we are all misguided at one time or another. Enjoy your AirSoft Elliot.
Sincerely, Dumb Ass Redneck
(aka TakerLabs inc.)
TakerLabs

Postby Mr.Plow » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:18 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="tahoma,verdana,arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
If you shoot the guy invading your house you now get to serve 25-life in prison for 2nd degree murder. Unless he actually shot at you first with the intention to kill and missed.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I have to get my 2 cents in here...

Not true. You can pull up some .001% case here and there, but self defense is almost always that, self defense, and the police treat it as such. If you carry a concealed weapon, for example, you don't need to be shot at or even confronted by anyone with a gun to legally kill them. If you (or someone else you see) are in imminent danger, you can shoot the perp in defense regardless of whether he's armed with a gun, knife, club, etc. How do you know the knife he's carrying doesn't contain hepatitis C? Have you ever been stabbed? Do you want to risk it? Cops know self defense, and there are very clear engagement rules. Follow those rules, and you will not be prosecuted.

If anyone ever puts me in a situation where I cannot use any other means (including fleeing) to defend myself, he has effectively made it clear that he does not value my life, and I will have no problem ending his. I like breathing. I don't have any desire to kill, but if it comes down to it, I will to protect my life and the lives of others.

Taker- On many previous topics we have disagreed. However, I hold no grudges against you and in fact in this topic I agree with you completely. Ellsinc displays his ignorance with appalling conviction, and it is clear that he is sheltered to the world outside of a gated community. Perhaps someday he'll understand the way criminals think (or, more appropriately, fail to think). Carrying a gun is not a sign of fear, it is a sign of understanding; there are times and places where one may have to either defend one's life or lose it. I prefer to have the means to make that a viable option. Hopefully, though, I'll never lead myself into one of those confrontations and I sincerely wish no one ever had to.

The introduction of the History Channel's "Tales of the Gun" is insightful into the nature of the firearm:
The gun has played a critical role in history. An Invention which has been praised and denounced, served hero and villain alike… and carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

While the pencil-and-spelling analogy is not without its errors, it attempts to convey a prudent message: the gun is merely an object; its operator determines its purpose. A soldier or police officer carrying a gun does not evoke feelings of fear in the way that a gangster or drug dealer would. This is because there are cultural judgments we assign to those who we believe are and are not justified to carry weapons. An honest citizen with no criminal record who carries for defense of life should not be chastised or reproached!
Mr.Plow

Previous

Return to Legal