mini copper combustion

Just starting to spud and wonder how long your barrel should be? Want to know how to build a better cannon? This is just the place! If you think your question is one of a newcomer, please post it in here. If your question is posted elsewhere, and it's a newcomer's type question, it will be moved in here.

Postby spudproof » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:48 am

i am going to make a mini combustion out of copper but i dont relly know how i get ignition because copper are a goond leader.
i cant get latern here so i dont know.

chamber is 48mm copper pipe!

any thoughts
spudproof

Postby GalFisk » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:05 pm

Do what I've done: get a brass plug, drill a hole through the end, put an insulated wire through the hole, and fill up the entire inside of the plug with JB weld (Clas Ohlson Art. no. 34-3468).
GalFisk

Postby SPG » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:16 am

How about a spark plug? You could either put it in the end plug of your gun and tap it, or if the plug is too thin, you should be able to find a threaded insert used for a car's cylinder head (if you're unlucky enough to strip the original threads) You could drill a hole through the end plug and use a nut (maybe two? on the inside to hold it in.

You could just use a nut on the inside directly to your spark plug, but you'd have to disassemble the cannon if you ever wanted to change the plug or adjust the spark gap.
SPG

Return to Frequently Asked Questions aka The Newbie Corner